Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NFL Playoffs!!!

Re: 2013 NFL Playoffs!!!

Is this the year the Falcons finally break through??? Looking pretty strong to start.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah what has Seattle been thinking, not giving the ball to Lynch on 3 and 4th and 1, then not getting the FG off at the end of the half. Big time egg layed by Seahawks. Loved Roddy White giving Sherman the biz after his long TD too!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

We got a ballgame in Atlanta now! Seahawks score and the lead is now 7 pts.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Major choke job by Atlanta. Wow. And Russell Wilson is Superman!

Still 8 seconds left.

Wow, can't ask for a more fitting way for their season to end.
    Last edited by blumj; 01-13-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Holy crap that game was freaking crazy. Wow!!

I think that "freezing the kicker" stuff actually ends up backfiring more often than not.

The kicker almost always gets the kick off, essentially a free shot to get zeroed in for the next attempt. I would guess for most kickers they will kick a higher percentage from a spot on their 2nd attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I think that "freezing the kicker" stuff actually ends up backfiring more often than not.

The kicker almost always gets the kick off, essentially a free shot to get zeroed in for the next attempt. I would guess for most kickers they will kick a higher percentage from a spot on their 2nd attempt.
    I would have to think so. Like they were mentioning on the broadcast, if they ice you, at least get the snap and kick off to practice one.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

I agree. If I was a kicker I would be expecting the opposing team to call a timeout to try to "ice me." If anything, not calling the timeout might do more to interrupt my timing.
    I didn't start watching the Seahawks-Falcons game until about three minutes to go. Earlier I had told my son Jason that the game was over when he said Atlanta was leading 27-7, which just goes to show what I know.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Defense wins championships:

Balt 38 Den 35
    SFG 45 GB 31
    Atl 30 Sea 28

I love when freezing the kicker backfires.
    Go Gators!

part of BBN

Bronco fan here.
    Todays game was an example of one thing I disliked about yesterdays game. Atl got the ball with 30+ seconds left and got in FG range.
    Yesterday, Broncos got ball with 36 seconds to go and didnt even give PM a shot. Not saying they would have scored but I would have give it at least one pass attempt.
    Just sort of comparing the 2 situations.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Bronco fan here.
    Todays game was an example of one thing I disliked about yesterdays game. Atl got the ball with 30+ seconds left and got in FG range. Yesterday, Broncos got ball with 36 seconds to go and didnt even give PM a shot. Not saying they would have scored but I would have give it at least one pass attempt. Just sort of comparing the 2 situations.
    I too was surprised Denver decided to take a knee instead of throwing a couple passes. I guess they just didn't want to risk a turnover in that situation. Atlanta had all three timeouts remaining. Did Denver have any? The obvious difference is Denver had the luxury of knowing they were, at worst, going into OT, while Atlanta had to get in FG range to avoid losing.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I too was surprised Denver decided to take a knee instead of throwing a couple passes. I guess they just didn't want to risk a turnover in that situation. Atlanta had all three timeouts remaining. Did Denver have any? The obvious difference is Denver had the luxury of knowing they were, at worst, going into OT, while Atlanta had to get in FG range to avoid losing.
    Denver had 2 I think and as you said Atlanta didnt have choice. Plus....weather may have factored in. I was just hoping for at least one pass.
    One good KO return in OT and that could basically be your season.

Turn Off Ads?