Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

I really can't wait for this game.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I play it on PSP and PS3.

I cannot think of anything cooler than being on a stuffy airplance, all cramped up, and as bad as it is, I can play The Show and the flight goes by so fast, I almost want it to last longer so I don't have to pause the game.

Last year's version was great, but it was a little to easy to make trades. I built an incredible team for basically nothing.

Senor Votto

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on the Career Mode was? Personally I love it. When I'm not playing against one of my friends online I'll be on career mode. I almost never get bored with it. If I do get bored though then I go to Franchise mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on the Career Mode was? Personally I love it. When I'm not playing against one of my friends online I'll be on career mode. I almost never get bored with it. If I do get bored though then I go to Franchise mode.
    I don't get bored with it either. It always keeps me entertained. I do however have one problem. As another poster earlier pointed out, you can go from being an All Star to the minors in one year.

One year, I had perfect pitching attributes, and was coming up on the time where you start losing attributes. I decided to sign with the Yankees, to win a championship. I ended up being the third starter in AAA most of the year, until I started playing my own games everytime, and dominated. Then they called me up.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Attack Cat!

The PS3 demo is out on the playstation network. It is a 3 inning game, Red Soxs (you) vs Rockies at Fenway, Beckett vs Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    KGJ admiring a long bomb.

Is it just me or is this picture not showing up?

Dunner:

MLB 2K8 comes out on March 3rd, I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Is it just me or is this picture not showing up?
    It's not showing up for me either.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

They need to update Adam. He's more svelte than that according to spring pictures. I smell MVP!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

What is the difference in graphics appearance between the PS3 and the PS2?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I'm on the fence with this decesion also, Sava. I'm not the big gamer I used to be and 4bills for the new gen PS3...is it worth the upgrade for just that one game? I'd eventually play more I suppose...

I'd like to see some opinions from those who have played or seen both versions, 2 v 3. I may just pick up a used PS2 instead, I dunno....aaarrrggghh!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

It just came out on the PS3, and I picked a copy up. I will be playing it later, and let you all know what I think of the new version.

Mine is waiting for me in the mail when I get home from work tonight. I can't wait to start playing it.

Turn Off Ads?