Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Q&A: CJ Nitkowski and Jeff Pearlman

Q&A: CJ Nitkowski and Jeff Pearlman

Pretty funny and interesting stuff.

• Would you rather eat 40 nuggets of snot from the nose of Colter Bean or have to streak naked across Yankee Stadium before Game 1 of the World Series?: Tough call, one would make me throw up, the other would make 50,000 fans plus media and field staff throw up. I’ll streak.
    http://www.jeffpearlman.com/the-quaz-qa-c-j-nitkowski/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Q&A: CJ Nitkowski and Jeff Pearlman

That was a good read...I have emailed back and forth with CJ before and he is always fun.

I also read a couple more articles so thanks for helping me kill my day!

One was the article with Phil Nevin who is the manager of the Toledo Mudhens...so I go digging a bit on Phil and do you know WikiPedia does not have his time in Cincy listed in his career notes? Seriously...I hate WikiPedia and now yo know why!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Nevin
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

CJ Nitkowski pitched in the very first game I ever attended in 1998. He was with Houston at the time...can't remember if he started or came in in relief. I can, however, tell you that Mike Remlinger started for the Reds. Craig Biggio and Barry Larkin hit homeruns in an (I want to say) 8-1 Reds win.

June of 1998.

For some reason, CJ Nitkowski will always hold a small piece of my sporting heart.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    That was a good read...I have emailed back and forth with CJ before and he is always fun.

I also read a couple more articles so thanks for helping me kill my day!

One was the article with Phil Nevin who is the manager of the Toledo Mudhens...so I go digging a bit on Phil and do you know WikiPedia does not have his time in Cincy listed in his career notes? Seriously...I hate WikiPedia and now yo know why!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Nevin
    Nevin never played for the Reds.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    ya know the whole time I am reading that I am thinking of

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...urilri01.shtml

wow...gimme a coffee and wake me up.

"Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    ya know the whole time I am reading that I am thinking of

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...urilri01.shtml

wow...gimme a coffee and wake me up.

Let me grab you a cup lol
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    I think Bowden tried to trade for him about 800 times, but no deal was ever consummated.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I think Bowden tried to trade for him about 800 times, but no deal was ever consummated.
    I thought the Reds and Padres had a deal in place, but, Nevin nixed the trade?
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    I thought the Reds and Padres had a deal in place, but, Nevin nixed the trade?
    It was Griffey for Nevin, and Linder nixed it, I believe.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It was Griffey for Nevin, and Linder nixed it, I believe.
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...l-nevin-erstad
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Turn Off Ads?