Thread: Anyone subscribe to Hulu+ ?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Anyone subscribe to Hulu+ ?

Thinking about subscribing. Pros? Cons?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone subscribe to Hulu+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Thinking about subscribing. Pros? Cons?
    Pros: A lot of TV shows come out with new episodes not long after they air.
    Cons: Even though it's a subscription service, you still have to sit through ads. Short ones, but ads just the same.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I decided to give it a go, but after going through their catalog, it looks like I will be canceling after a month.

The catalog looks large, until you realize that many are partial series, some which aren't even starting at season 1.

There are several full series though that will be worth the month payment, but I figure I will get through them in a month.

I decided to give it a go, but after going through their catalog, it looks like I will be canceling after a month.

The catalog looks large, until you realize that many are partial series, some which aren't even starting at season 1.

There are several full series though that will be worth the month payment, but I figure I will get through them in a month.
    That doesn't sound good. I've been thinking about subriscribing, but maybe not.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    That doesn't sound good. I've been thinking about subriscribing, but maybe not.
    You do get a free week, but then they start charging you monthly. At the very least you could give them a try and cancel before that week is up if you don't like what you see.

You do get a free week, but then they start charging you monthly. At the very least you could give them a try and cancel before that week is up if you don't like what you see.
    I tried it and it didn't do much for me.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Selection is weak, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Selection is weak, IMO.
    Incredibly. I mean, I watch A LOT of television. A lot. Being self employed for so long and working at home, I often would sit around and watch tv while working, so I have already seen a lot (I also struggle to find things on Netflix that I haven't seen that I want to see). But my current hulu queue has 1 thing on it: Community. There were a few other shows I wanted to check out, but of course I am not going to start in the middle of a series since they weren't carrying the first season.

Netflix has 11 seasons of Married with Children. Hulu+ has 1. Why are their subscription costs even remotely the same? I honestly don't understand how they have a working business model that turns profit. I don't see how anyone actually pays for this for more than a month or two.

Hulu's advantage is that they get shows that are airing on the networks right now, not just past seasons.
    Go Gators!

I got it to replace my cable/directv. Between that, netflix and mlb.com, I watch everything I want to watch, for a fraction of the cost, basically $30 a month. If I had directv or cable, I wouldn't have much need for hulu+.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Hulu's advantage is that they get shows that are airing on the networks right now, not just past seasons.
    Except they don't always do that. There are quite a few shows that I wanted to catch up on this season of that are quite a few episodes behind where they are on tv, some up to a month and a half behind.

There are different waiting periods for shows, some are a day behind, some are 8 days behind and some are just randomly behind or have stopped being updated.

Question about netflix streaming. Lets say I wanted to start watching Sons of Anarchy (which I do at some point), is it safe to assume I could start on season 1 at any point and watch up to the point that they have released to DVD? If a show (or movie) comes out on DVD on a tuesday, is it available to start watching on netflix that night?

What about premium station shows like HBO or Showtime?

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Question about netflix streaming. Lets say I wanted to start watching Sons of Anarchy (which I do at some point), is it safe to assume I could start on season 1 at any point and watch up to the point that they have released to DVD? If a show (or movie) comes out on DVD on a tuesday, is it available to start watching on netflix that night?

What about premium station shows like HBO or Showtime?
    I don't know specifically how it all works, but no, not all shows go up to the point in which they are out on DVD. And no, not every movie out on DVD goes straight to Netflix. In fact, it is happening less and less often because the movie companies still want you to buy it on PPV or buy the DVD, where they make a much larger margin of profit.

Netflix was raellly nice to start... I watched hours upon hours of shows from season 1 to current seasons.... Then, it just stopped working (Unable to connect) and I gave up... I tried for 3 or 4 months without any luck....

My TV/Home theater system would connect to everything else and stream, but not to Netflix.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Netflix was raellly nice to start... I watched hours upon hours of shows from season 1 to current seasons.... Then, it just stopped working (Unable to connect) and I gave up... I tried for 3 or 4 months without any luck....

My TV/Home theater system would connect to everything else and stream, but not to Netflix.
    Did you ever contact them?

Turn Off Ads?