Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 7/9/13 Reds @ Milwaukee

Re: 7/9/13 Reds @ Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Makes you wonder how some of these posters lived from 2001-2009.
    My first year as a season ticket holder I went to 45 games total (including 2 at Cleveland). They won 15 of those games.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just for the record, Wily Peralta is not a scrub. He is very highly-regarded. In his last three starts coming into tonight's contest he had a 1.59 ERA. He gave up zero runs to the Braves and Nationals in that stretch. He was throwing 96 still in the ninth inning. Maybe, like Homer Bailey, it just took him awhile for things to click.

those teams were so bad i didn't care. the team has good pitching and has made the playoffs 2 of 3 seasons. i don't want to see us back to those years.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

5. Likes:

foxfire123 (07-09-2013),The Operator (07-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Think about the times in your life someone has chewed you out. Did you respond positively? Did you think how much you wanted to succeed for that person? The Reds are people too. Several of them are my neighbors and are great guys who want to win very, very badly. They aren't failing because they don't care, they're failing because they are failing. It happens. Yelling at them won't change that one bit.
    Yeah, yeah. Agreed. I probably shouldn't post after a bad day...

So Castellini goes in there and cries. Expresses such deep and heartfelt disappointment in them that THEY cry. Sends in their grandmothers. Especially the Italian and Jewish ones, they've mastered the art of guilt tripping. Whatever it takes to get them out of this slump DO IT.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Just for the record, Wily Peralta is not a scrub. He is very highly-regarded. In his last three starts coming into tonight's contest he had a 1.59 ERA. He gave up zero runs to the Braves and Nationals in that stretch. He was throwing 96 still in the ninth inning. Maybe, like Homer Bailey, it just took him awhile for things to click.
    Crediting the opposition?

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    The most pathetic offensive effort by a Reds team since Luke Hochevar shut them out on like 85 pitches. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Milwaukee's starter tomorrow has a 13 ERA, I'm predicting seven innings of four-hit ball.
    yeah i dumped about 500 bucks that series in KC. thanks for the reminder
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Sometimes it helps. Go get a beer, walk the dog, go see a movie, make goo-goo eyes at the spousal unit.

Nothing against you guys, but sometimes RZ gets pretty negative. Helps to step away from the ledge.
    Hah. I do that bolded one, and hubby will wonder what expensive new horsie I want to buy.....

10. Likes:

reds1869 (07-09-2013)

I think the big difference is expectations. People came into this year thinking this was a World Series caliber team. No one thought those teams were anywhere close to that good. Personally, it's more upsetting when I think a team is underperforming than when I think a team just sucks.

That said, I haven't been too upset these last two games. I'm already with Derek Bell in operation shut down mode. Next up is apathy, where I'll go a week or two between watching games. I've got the practice down well. I have a decade of using it.

Hey, I had season tickets in 1982.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 61-101 Reds. That team really bit the big one.
    I was 15 years old....and even I was not stupid enough to think Alex Trevino, Paul Householder and Tom Lawless were going to help that team.

That team was actually 26-27 after 53 games...and led the NL in BA with about .285 through May.

That is How BAD it got in the summer. Live through that!

13. Likes:

toledodan (07-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Hah. I do that bolded one, and hubby will wonder what expensive new horsie I want to buy.....
    But it works, right?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Crediting the opposition?

That is what Dusty will do. Everyone has been mixing their pitches very well and throwing great. They always seem to throw strikes that they take and swing at balls in the dirt. Great mixing up the pitches there .... I think Hank Aaron told me one time...

But it works, right?
    Well... Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I was 15 years old....and even I was not stupid enough to think Alex Trevino, Paul Householder and Tom Lawless were going to help that team.

That team was actually 26-27 after 53 games...and led the NL in BA with about .285 through May.

That is How BAD it got in the summer. Live through that!
    I had tickets with 3 other guys. You could buy a 64 oz. Hudey for $4.50. Some nights we got into our 3rd tub. That's a lot of beer.

That team was talentless and hopeless. And they played bad.

Believe me, it can get a whole lot worse than the current Reds.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Welp, time to go mass knights with paladin/archmage combo in Frozen Throne to let off some steam.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

expectations man --- expectations -- makes all the difference
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?