Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast

Thread: 8.26.13 Reds @ Cardinals

Re: 8.26.13 Reds @ Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    The Reds record as a team is craptastic against .500+ teams. It's not just a Bailey thing.
    Vs +.500 teams:

Leake: 4-3
    Arroyo: 4-6
    Homer: 1-6

2. Likes:

REDREAD (08-27-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Vs +.500 teams:

Leake: 4-3
    Arroyo: 4-6
    Homer: 1-6
    Wow.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

One more thing. Against the contending teams (LA, Ariz, Cards, Bucs, and Atlanta, the Reds are 15-22 this year. The Pirates are 20-18, and the Cards are 20-20. Here is the difference and the reason why the Reds are where they are.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    The eternal optimist in me wants to say.... But it wasn't handed to the Cards... But I really can't. This game was the Red's to lose and lose they did. Tyler Lyons is so-so, Leake has had a good year... Things really were in the Reds favor.

Can the Reds pull a 2011 Cards??
    That's what made this game so painful.. Saw the Reds get their early lead. Had to take a kid somewhere, I come back, it was still 4-3? or 5-3 ? I was feeling good.
    Then I saw the whole thing unravel.. What a nightmare.

Parra and Hoover have been good more often than not, but that was pretty much a worst case scenario for both (Well, I guess Parra got one out that mattered, to his credit, if I remember correctly)

Sadly, I doubt the Reds can pull some kind of miracle run in the postseason. It would be awesome, but games like this symbolize the season. We are a good team. I'm not mad at the season.. but the Pirates and Cards are both better.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

7. Likes:

remdog (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    That's what made this game so painful.. Saw the Reds get their early lead. Had to take a kid somewhere, I come back, it was still 4-3? or 5-3 ? I was feeling good.
    Then I saw the whole thing unravel.. What a nightmare.

Parra and Hoover have been good more often than not, but that was pretty much a worst case scenario for both (Well, I guess Parra got one out that mattered, to his credit, if I remember correctly)

Sadly, I doubt the Reds can pull some kind of miracle run in the postseason. It would be awesome, but games like this symbolize the season. We are a good team. I'm not mad at the season.. but the Pirates and Cards are both better.
    There is a sliver of hope. October baseball is not about the better team... it's about who is hot at that exact moment. 2012 Giants and 2011 Cards are great examples.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I've thought about Jon Jay as an option for the Reds as well, I could see it.
    Maybe I missed the part where the Cardinals are looking to get rid of Jay to their biggest division threat three years before he hits free agency?

10. Likes:

Red Raindog (08-27-2013)

Best part about baseball? I watched this game, went out and met some buddies for some beers and now I'm in a fair mood and ready for tomorrow's (today?) game. Football, I'm still pissed off for a week.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Maybe I missed the part where the Cardinals are looking to get rid of Jay to their biggest division threat three years before he hits free agency?
    I have heard that Jay may be a non-tender candidate.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I have heard that Jay may be a non-tender candidate.
    Unfortunately not a chance. He'll still make relative peanuts as a first year arb eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    The Reds record as a team is craptastic against .500+ teams. It's not just a Bailey thing.
    You asked about Homer....not the team.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Probably the worst loss of the season for me.
    Have to agree. Haven't been that dispirited by the Reds since October. Brutal and not sure what to think going into tonight. Almost glad I have to work late and won't be able to tune in until 4th or 5th inning.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    If they're not hitting their spots, if their curve ball is flat, if their slider hangs, they become very hittable.
    I think you could say tha about 99% of all pitchers. Very few overpowering pitchers in baseball.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

This was a game not having Marshall and Broxton came home to bite hard. Parra and Hoover didn't get the job done quite obviously. Much better chance with the previous two.
    I'm but resigned to fact the Reds will be a WC team. They just can't compete with the Cardinals this year. I think the pitchers are somewhat intimidated by the Cards hitters and the Reds just don't have enough hitting to match them.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

18. Likes:

757690 (08-27-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-27-2013),REDREAD (08-27-2013),remdog (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I think you could say tha about 99% of all pitchers. Very few overpowering pitchers in baseball.
    Absolutely, but the point being made was about two Reds pitchers who when they lack command look very, very hittable. The fact that both have numbers like they do is testament to their ability to not throw, but pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    There is a sliver of hope. October baseball is not about the better team... it's about who is hot at that exact moment. 2012 Giants and 2011 Cards are great examples.
    True, but when the Cards have beaten us in the last 10 or 15 series we've met.. (I forget the exact number, they said it on TV or radio, but it's a lot)
    Doesn't really give me optimism That's why I'd rather face the Cards in a one game wildcard than a series.. Of course, the Cards are probably going to win the division now.

Thanks for the pickme up though.. I know, it's just a silly game. I should not take it as seriously as I do.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?