Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Partial Roster for Louisville

-The Insider-

Re: Partial Roster for Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    Is your roster for the Bats or Mudcats? If he is not on the mudcats roster, that could mean that he was released, not with the Bats. I just don't see a place for him on the team with Reineke and possibly Thompson now on the roster.
    No one that I know of has been released as of yesterday.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Perahps Darryl is in AA b/c they anticipate Cueto making a rehab start in Louisiville?
    A rehabbing player doesn't have any effect on the minor league team's roster.

I have no inside info. Thompson has officially been moved from AAA to AA according to minor league transactions.

There are bound to be more changes to the roster listed for Louisville. Corky and Reineke still need to be added and Hermida will possibly have to be added.

Good catch about Reineke, batsfan. It seems odd that he's not already on the Bats roster.

-The Insider-

DT will start 2011 in Double-A, I can confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    A rehabbing player doesn't have any effect on the minor league team's roster.

I have no inside info. Thompson has officially been moved from AAA to AA according to minor league transactions.

There are bound to be more changes to the roster listed for Louisville. Corky and Reineke still need to be added and Hermida will possibly have to be added.

Good catch about Reineke, batsfan. It seems odd that he's not already on the Bats roster.
    I understand that, but perhaps they have a plan to get Cueto one, 2 or 3 starts down there, want to keep everyone on a 5 day schedule, so pushed Thompson down to AA so he can start on a 5 day schedule as well.

Quote Originally Posted by StubbsFan#6 View Post
    Why in the hell is Daryl Thompson is starting in AA
    Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Who said he was?
    Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    DT will start 2011 in Double-A, I can confirm that.
    This sure looks confusing. Is it that Thompson will be in the pen in Carolina?

-The Insider-

Lol I was being deceptive. But he's starting in Double-A

They told my brother he'd be the opening day starter, so it looks like I'll be in Louisville on Thursday! Looking forward to my first trip to Louisville, I've heard it's a fun city.

Quote Originally Posted by mumike View Post
    They told my brother he'd be the opening day starter, so it looks like I'll be in Louisville on Thursday! Looking forward to my first trip to Louisville, I've heard it's a fun city.
    Scott Carroll is the Bats opening day starter? Seriously? He must have made quite an impression in spring training, because this does not make much sense otherwise (no offense)...

Scott Carroll is the Bats opening day starter? Seriously? He must have made quite an impression in spring training, because this does not make much sense otherwise (no offense)...
    He did pitch well. He's been a groundball machine who throws strikes, and it looks like he's developed a solid breaking ball. Carroll is emerging as a guy would could help the Reds in some capacity this year. Just has to stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    He did pitch well. He's been a groundball machine who throws strikes, and it looks like he's developed a solid breaking ball. Carroll is emerging as a guy would could help the Reds in some capacity this year. Just has to stay healthy.
    I am not denying that he pitched well as a 25 year old in AA last year, despite his record. But in a rotation of Carroll, Klinker, Reineke, Lehr, and Willis, Carroll has the least experience, and seems the least qualified to be the Bats #1 starter.

I am not denying that he pitched well as a 25 year old in AA last year, despite his record. But in a rotation of Carroll, Klinker, Reineke, Lehr, and Willis, Carroll has the least experience, and seems the least qualified to be the Bats #1 starter.
    All that matters is how they're throwing now.

Bats could have a great offense, but that rotation will have to depend on guile.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    I would absolutely take Carroll over Willis without thinking twice about it. Lehr and Reineke are good AAA pitchers, but I don't think either has a true MLB future outside of a "pitcher gets injured at the last moment and we need someone to step in, who is pitching in Louisville? Call them up" type of thing. Stuff wise, Carroll could be argued to the quite a bit better stuff than any of those guys. His fastball is the hardest and has the best movement. He has solid seconday stuff, though I would say Klinkers breaking ball is best when its on among that group of secondary pitches.

So, with the AA roster posted, the Bats can be pretty accurately predicted, assuming 12 pitchers and 12 position players.

Rotation:

Scott Carroll
    Chad Reineke
    Justin Lehr
    Matt Klinker
    Dontrelle Willis

Bullpen:

Daniel Ray Herrera
    Jerry Gil
    Tom Cochran
    Jeremy Horst
    Carlos Fisher
    Joe Krebs
    Kyle McCulloch

Catchers:
    Devin Mesoraco
    Corky Abraham Phillip Miller

IF
    Yonder Alonso
    Chris Valaika
    Zach Cozart
    Todd Frazier
    Michael Griffin
    Kris Negron

OF:
    Dave Sappelt
    Jeremy Hermida
    Brian Barton
    Danny Dorn

So, with the possible exception of Fairel, that should be the roster. (EDIT: Kyle McCulloch will be the 7th pitcher) The offense will be insane. The pitching is not so great. However, when Bailey and Cueto return by the end of the month, we will get two of Leake, Maloney, and Lecure, and if Burton and Arredando come back quickly, we will get the third of those pitchers, and Jordan Smith, which will make us 100 times better. Also, we should get Francisco soon when Lewis returns.

Since every position player except Negron has a good amount of AAA or MLB experience, a slow start like last year seems very unlikely. If our pitching staff can make it through the first couple of weeks without collapsing, we should be in very good shape for a fourth straight west division championship!
    Last edited by batsfan; 04-03-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Fairel won't be on the roster. He will be out until at least June.

-The Insider-

What about Denove? As far as I know, he hasn't been let go. Also, Delgado was a free agent and I am pretty sure he wasn't resigned.

Turn Off Ads?