Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Rockies 5/26

Re: Reds vs Rockies 5/26

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    With Stubbs on base, distracting the pitcher with the threat of stealing, the more likely Votto is to get a pitch to hit. He needs to be sent as often as possible so that threat is constantly in the minds of the opposing pitchers.
    Every situation isn't the same. There are times I'd give Drew the green light, but when Joey has 5 hits in his last 6 ABs, no way do you take the bat out of his hands. We're talking about a guy who is possibly on his way to his second MVP season, and you want to let him get an intentional pass? That's crazy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I'd be more afraid that he's distracting Votto.

I'm with New York Red on this.

No way Joey Votto gets distracted by having someone trying to steal while he's at bat.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

The whole Stubbs situation is why Dusty would love it if he could hit leadoff. This team would be so much better if he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    Leake is the part that makes me sad
    He gave up a lot of hits, but he didn't give up a lot of runs. Not a good outing, but not a terrible one either.

Leake is the part that makes me sad
    After two quality starts and then a great start his last, it's too bad he couldn't stay in that groove and if not get his second win at least keep going with the positive starts.

Marshall on to wrap this one up

It's kinda nice to have a big lead, seems like everything has been a close game this year.

Grrr ... I was hoping Joey would get to hit again tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    He gave up a lot of hits, but he didn't give up a lot of runs. Not a good outing, but not a terrible one either.
    He went 3.2 innings. Just awful. That taxes your bullpen. The only reason he didn't give up more runs was because Dusty took him out and plain luck.

I never heard of hitters not wanting guys to steal until about 10 years ago. I'd like to believe Votto would have that tunnel vision on the pitcher and not let Stubbs bother him.

Bruce finally ran into a double.....but with 1st and 3rd and no outs he swings at a 1-1 pitch at his shoulder and then takes a strike 3 fastball straight down the middle???

Who will be in the OF tomorrow? Dusty will have Luddy in LF against Moyer. I bet Heisey with his 3 RBI, 2 runs, 2 hits and 3 times on base gets the sit.

Rondo is taking over. Terrible game 7 but the Celtics are gonna win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I never heard of hitters not wanting guys to steal until about 10 years ago. I'd like to believe Votto would have that tunnel vision on the pitcher and not let Stubbs bother him.

Bruce finally ran into a double.....but with 1st and 3rd and no outs he swings at a 1-1 pitch at his shoulder and then takes a strike 3 fastball straight down the middle???

Who will be in the OF tomorrow? Dusty will have Luddy in LF against Moyer. I bet Heisey with his 3 RBI, 2 runs, 2 hits and 3 times on base gets the sit.
    Good to see Bruce get a double but it was an outside pitch that he pulled to right. When he's on that's a gapper to left center. Hopefully he gets out of his funk soon.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    After two quality starts and then a great start his last, it's too bad he couldn't stay in that groove and if not get his second win at least keep going with the positive starts.
    right -- he isn't showing me that he can string them together & I was thinking he would be a big plus
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

right -- he isn't showing me that he can string them together & I was thinking he would be a big plus
    Still think he can be a big plus. The Rockies just might not be a good match up for him. Be interesting to see what happens his next start.

Where would we be without this bullpen.

Awesome game.

Turn Off Ads?