Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bright Future in Reds Country

Bright Future in Reds Country

We saw a glimpse of the future last night and the future is bright. Homer Bailey, Aaron Harang, Josh Hamilton, & Brandon Phillips gives me reasons to look forward to what Reds baseball will be down the road.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bright Future in Reds Country

I agree. However, there are still a lot of holes that need filling.

Yeah, hopefully those holes are filled by Bruce, Votto, Cuerto and Stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    We saw a glimpse of the future last night and the future is bright. Homer Bailey, Aaron Harang, Josh Hamilton, & Brandon Phillips gives me reasons to look forward to what Reds baseball will be down the road.
    Why would the Reds be any different, they have those four guys now. Will they significantly improve in the future? I think Bailey will get better, probably a lot better. I think Hamilton will only improve marginally. I think Harang and Phillips are about as good as they get.

Redlegs, we wont have this positive outlook, optimistic posting over here!!! Doom and gloom dagnabit! C'mon, lets rip who we have, not look to the future!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Redlegs, we wont have this positive outlook, optimistic posting over here!!! Doom and gloom dagnabit! C'mon, lets rip who we have, not look to the future!
    That's not what I meant at all. I just think this team lacks talent in a severe way. Those four are a good start, but how long before this team can fill it's holes, and will those four still be around?

Ya can't teach speed...

Harang and Phillips are as good as they are going to get...ok I'll go along with that but how much better do you want them to be? Also agree that Homer is going to get much better. I don't understand why you think Hamilton isn't going to get much better. The guy has been out of baseball, comes back and is contending for rookie of the year. Had he been playing all along I would agree, but given his situation there has to be alot of room for improvement. This group looks like a pretty good foundation to build on. yes there are some holes to be filled but you also can't have superstars at every position...least not on the Reds budget.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Why would the Reds be any different, they have those four guys now. Will they significantly improve in the future? I think Bailey will get better, probably a lot better. I think Hamilton will only improve marginally. I think Harang and Phillips are about as good as they get.

Edwin Encarnacion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    That's not what I meant at all. I just think this team lacks talent in a severe way. Those four are a good start, but how long before this team can fill it's holes, and will those four still be around?
    Oh, I know, I wasnt pickin on anyone with this, it was in response to the original post, making fun of the majority of threads around here lately. I agree with all on this thread, the future certainly has potential to be bright, esp if we hold those 4 , and can plug a few more in here and there, its theb brightest we have seen in a while, esp out of our system. Lets hope it is, and soon!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Triples View Post
    Harang and Phillips are as good as they are going to get...ok I'll go along with that but how much better do you want them to be? Also agree that Homer is going to get much better. I don't understand why you think Hamilton isn't going to get much better. The guy has been out of baseball, comes back and is contending for rookie of the year. Had he been playing all along I would agree, but given his situation there has to be alot of room for improvement. This group looks like a pretty good foundation to build on. yes there are some holes to be filled but you also can't have superstars at every position...least not on the Reds budget.
    Again, I'm not saying Harang and Phillips aren't good. My point is we suck with them on the team now, so we have to add to them to be better. Hamilton only has a year or two before most major leaguers have peaked (ages 27-29) and then physical skills start eroding. I hope the Reds get 4-5 solid years from him, but he's a case study himself, I doubt if anyone with his physical skill set has put his body through what he did, and then tried to come back and have a successful career. It'll be an interesting watch.

Phillips, EE, Hamilton, and Bailey are all getting their first taste of MLB. They're young. Even Harang and Arroyo should be approaching their "best" years.

A few more pieces of the puzzle and this team has something.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Phillips, EE, Hamilton, and Bailey are all getting their first taste of MLB. They're young. Even Harang and Arroyo should be approaching their "best" years.

A few more pieces of the puzzle and this team has something.
    Like a bullpen?

Apparantly Hamilton is worse than Castro, so take him off the list.(Since Narron just pinch hit Castro for Hamilton in the 9th, I'm sure Narron knows what he's doing.)

I agree that this team has a promising future but, I have one question. They need a leadoff hitter(Freel and Hopper are not the answers), where does he come from? I can't think of anyone within the organization who can fill this hole and I'm not 100% sure of any possible free agents in the offseason they can sign. I could possibly see the light at the end of the tunnel if this team had a legit closer and a legit leadoff guy. Until then, it's a waiting game...

You can talk about bright future all you want...
    this team needs to learn how to win...putting
    in pitchers that walk hitter after hitter
    unreal! WK needs to find players with a killer
    instinct...i have yet to see it with this group
    expect to WIN and you will

Turn Off Ads?