Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watching the Big 12 Championship game

Re: Watching the Big 12 Championship game

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Texas hasn't played a defense anywhere near as good as Alabama, they aren't going to score a lot of points.

I've gotten to watch Texas and Bama plenty this year, and I think the comments about Texas getting torched are correct. Alabama wins that game by 2 touchdowns at least.
    Alabama D > Nebraska D? I'd bet Texas puts up more than 13 against the Tide. Bama is good...but I have not seen them be as dominant as the Huskers were tonight.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Five undefeated teams at the end of the regular season. Too bad we don't have a playoff to determind who the best team is.
    Ok, but if it were a 4 team playoff, wouldn't the team that got left out be screaming? 8 team playoff? Oregon? Florida? Ohio St.? Ga. Tech? Somebody good gets left out and is screaming?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Ok, but if it were a 4 team playoff, wouldn't the team that got left out be screaming? 8 team playoff? Oregon? Florida? Ohio St.? Ga. Tech? Somebody good gets left out and is screaming?
    6 teams top 2 seeds get a bye.

Texas has never impressed me all that much. They weren't very good last year in the Fiesta Bowl against OSU, with our defense handling them pretty easily for the majority of the game.

They're a solid team, but Alabama will smoke them off the field. Mount Cody is going to be running through that line all day long.

Apparently, the decision to review the last play and put a second back on the clock was in violation of NCAA rules. Awesome.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Texas hasn't played a defense anywhere near as good as Alabama, they aren't going to score a lot of points.

I've gotten to watch Texas and Bama plenty this year, and I think the comments about Texas getting torched are correct. Alabama wins that game by 2 touchdowns at least.
    It can be argued that, despite the game today, Alabama also hasn't seen an offense as good as Texas. Florida has not exactly been lighting up the scoreboard this year. And remember: last week, Bama actually got beat up at the line of scrimmage pretty good by Auburn until the Tigers got a bit too conservative in the second half.

I think Alabama is the best team in the country. I mean that. But I'll actually be somewhat surprised if Texas doesn't win. Just a good hunch.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Apparently, the decision to review the last play and put a second back on the clock was in violation of NCAA rules. Awesome.
    Really? If that's true, is that grounds for a protest?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Wow.

Wonder how much will be made of this?

I don't feel too badly for Nebraska, as it did appear there should have been a second left. But on the other hand... if the rules didn't permit for that, the game by technicality should have been over and there would not have been a reason to review the clock.

Apparently there was an addendum made in 2008 to the Big 12 rules (that above link was created in 2007).

The addendum adds this:

12-3-3-h (formerly f) (FR-146)
    Add: The Instant Replay Official may correct an egregious game-clock error.

Simple solution last second didnt count Nebraska wins.

pfft who cares about rules anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Apparently there was an addendum made in 2008 to the Big 12 rules (that above link was created in 2007).

The addendum adds this:

ok nvm :O

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post

The addendum adds this:

Ah okay. I don't know if a half second is considered egregious, but there is at least some wiggle room in there for the officials now.

Ah okay. I don't know if a half second is considered egregious, but there is at least some wiggle room in there for the officials now.
    Clearly a second should've been put back on the clock, I don't see what the big deal is.
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

You really have to feel for TCU, they were basically in the National Championship game and had it taken away.

Turn Off Ads?