Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    This team is just absolute garbage.
    Either these guys can't figure the game out, or they aren't being coached worth a crap at practice. Like Dakich just said, every offensive possession they look lost. This is starting to get so very frustrating. I can deal with a loss and losing if the team was beat by a better team, but we are beating ourselves EVERY game. This is beyond frustrating!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is a butt whooping like we got 3-4 years ago...embarrassing!!!

Saw that Crean has like a 12 million dollar buyout this year or something??!!

IU gave him that huge extension way too prematurely.

Not sure IU can afford to fire him for at least 3 seasons unless John Cougar or Mark Cuban step up.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Saw that Crean has like a 12 million dollar buyout this year or something??!!

IU gave him that huge extension way too prematurely.

Not sure IU can afford to fire him for at least 3 seasons unless John Cougar or Mark Cuban step up.
    The extension began before the start of last season, with an 8 million dollar buyout the first two seasons -- the '13 and '14 seasons -- and drops to 1 million following the conclusion of next season.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 02-15-2014 at 10:19 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    The extension began before the start of last season, with an 8 million dollar buyout the first two seasons -- the '13 and '14 seasons -- and drops to 1 million following the conclusion of next season.
    What I saw was different. If you could provide a link I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    What I saw was different. If you could provide a link I'd appreciate it.
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ract-extension

Indiana extends Tom Crean to 2020
    Updated: November 10, 2012
    Crean's base salary will go from approximately $2.52 million per year to $3.16 million. The deal also includes performance bonuses based on Academic Progress Rate scores, Graduation Success Rate scores and the team's GPA. If all standards are met, Crean's salary could increase by as much as $55,000 per year.

The buyout, Glass said, would cost $8 million over the next three years, then drops to $1 million in Year 4 and drops again to $500,000 over the final four years of the deal. School officials said additional contract details will be announce when the deal is formally signed.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

8. Likes:

WMR (02-16-2014)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I am just shaking my head. I give up. Fire Crean and hire someone that aint more worried about tanning sessions than coaching.

10. Likes:

WMR (02-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    This is a butt whooping like we got 3-4 years ago...embarrassing!!!
    I was working and missed that turd fest of a game. For the sake of sanity, I'm treating the remainder of the season just like the (how fitting?) "conference bedpan" years that you mentioned -- kudos to Razor for that line -- expecting the worst, hoping for the best.

12. Likes:

Razor Shines (02-17-2014)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I was working and missed that turd fest of a game. For the sake of sanity, I'm treating the remainder of the season just like the (how fitting?) "conference bedpan" years that you mentioned -- kudos to Razor for that line -- expecting the worst, hoping for the best.
    I was at an ice fishing tournament on Wawasee and missed it myself. However the guys on the ice were aware and giving me updates. Not only did the Hoosiers lay a primo egg, they messed up my mojo trying to catch fish!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I was at an ice fishing tournament on Wawasee and missed it myself. However the guys on the ice were aware and giving me updates. Not only did the Hoosiers lay a primo egg, they messed up my mojo trying to catch fish!!!!!!
    Further proof that too much technology sometimes isn't a good thing. I hope you that you had a good time, anyway. No matter the season, Wawasee is a great place to be.

Either these guys can't figure the game out, or they aren't being coached worth a crap at practice. Like Dakich just said, every offensive possession they look lost. This is starting to get so very frustrating. I can deal with a loss and losing if the team was beat by a better team, but we are beating ourselves EVERY game. This is beyond frustrating!!!
    I don't think the issue is practices. It seems like Crean prepares the guys pretty well, and they come out strong. There have been very few times the team has laid an egg in the first half. The problem is that they consistently lose the second half. Crean is getting outmaneuvered by coaches who make adjustments at halftime, and he doesn't respond. In the last 5 losses (MSU, Nebraska, Minnesota, PSU, and Purdue), IU has been outscored by a combined 56 points in the second half and led at halftime in 4 of those games. Some of this can be chalked up to youth (I don't put too much of the PSU loss on Crean - the reason that PSU came back is because the players inexplicably forgot how to throw an inbounds pass), but much of this falls on the coach.

One issue that I think can be addressed in practice, and is one of Crean's biggest failings, is the turnovers. This should not still be the huge problem that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I don't think the issue is practices. It seems like Crean prepares the guys pretty well, and they come out strong. There have been very few times the team has laid an egg in the first half. The problem is that they consistently lose the second half. Crean is getting outmaneuvered by coaches who make adjustments at halftime, and he doesn't respond. In the last 5 losses (MSU, Nebraska, Minnesota, PSU, and Purdue), IU has been outscored by a combined 56 points in the second half and led at halftime in 4 of those games. Some of this can be chalked up to youth (I don't put too much of the PSU loss on Crean - the reason that PSU came back is because the players inexplicably forgot how to throw an inbounds pass), but much of this falls on the coach.

One issue that I think can be addressed in practice, and is one of Crean's biggest failings, is the turnovers. This should not still be the huge problem that it is.
    I totally understand what you are saying, but the stupid turnovers like 5 and 10 second calls all should be things that have been worked on in practice. Does that mean they will never happen...no, but it does mean they shouldn't happen multiple times...in a half. Also, the turnovers are what's getting us beat in these 2nd halves. I have been a huge Crean supporter, I don't think it's time to give up on him either, but with each passing game that is played like crap I lose a little bit of that support. Crean is a great recruiter, but him in game adjustments and X's and O's are lacking. He needs Vonleh to stay another year and for next years recruiting class to be as good of shooters as they are made out to be. Also, the real Jeremy Hollowel needs to stand up!!!

I totally understand what you are saying, but the stupid turnovers like 5 and 10 second calls all should be things that have been worked on in practice. Does that mean they will never happen...no, but it does mean they shouldn't happen multiple times...in a half.
    True they should be worked on in practice, but these are such basic things. It's just a matter of being aware on the court, and that is something they players need to take responsibility for. When Stan got a 10 second call last week, he was clearly oblivious to the time on the clock. That is his issue. The inbounds passes... yes you work on it. But on Hollowell's inbounds pass, he he Yogi streaking open across his face and held onto it. Sheehey had Yogi open on his pass and threw it five feet behind him. And Vonleh's was just a mind-numbing play. Those were primarily execution issues.

Half-court offense though... that's all on Crean. The offense is essentially: Step 1 - give it to Yogi; Step 2 - hope he does something awesome. Some of this is because of a lack of talent, but even still, there is very little purposeful movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    True they should be worked on in practice, but these are such basic things. It's just a matter of being aware on the court, and that is something they players need to take responsibility for. When Stan got a 10 second call last week, he was clearly oblivious to the time on the clock. That is his issue. The inbounds passes... yes you work on it. But on Hollowell's inbounds pass, he he Yogi streaking open across his face and held onto it. Sheehey had Yogi open on his pass and threw it five feet behind him. And Vonleh's was just a mind-numbing play. Those were primarily execution issues.

Half-court offense though... that's all on Crean. The offense is essentially: Step 1 - give it to Yogi; Step 2 - hope he does something awesome. Some of this is because of a lack of talent, but even still, there is very little purposeful movement.
    Step 1 should be give it to Yogi, Step 2 should be Yogi gives ball to Vonleh, Step 3 should be hope Yogi or Noah do something awesome...

19. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (02-18-2014)

The roof collapsed at Assembly Hall? Highly symbolic.

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-18-2014)

Turn Off Ads?