Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Things have certainly gone well for Mizzou so far in the SEC, but I would not be at all surprised to see them lose 4 of their last 5. Georgia and Florida are just not particularly good teams.

That said, I wouldn't be at all disappointed if Mizzou keeps winning and goes to Atlanta and beats Bama.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Things have certainly gone well for Mizzou so far in the SEC, but I would not be at all surprised to see them lose 4 of their last 5. Georgia and Florida are just not particularly good teams.

That said, I wouldn't be at all disappointed if Mizzou keeps winning and goes to Atlanta and beats Bama.
    Florida's offense wasn't that great but their defense was pretty legitimate and Georgia, despite their injuries, was still a pretty good team esp. on the defensive side of things. Are they as good as people thought they were and overrated? Probably not. However to say they are not particularly good teams seems kind of off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Florida's offense wasn't that great but their defense was pretty legitimate and Georgia, despite their injuries, was still a pretty good team esp. on the defensive side of things. Are they as good as people thought they were and overrated? Probably not. However to say they are not particularly good teams seems kind of off the mark.
    Georgia's defense has been a big problem:

Meanwhile, Georgia moves into Saturday’s Vanderbilt game and the second half of its regular season ranked 12th in the SEC in pass defense, 14th in scoring defense and working to improve what Grantham calls a "work in progress." ...

The Bulldogs currently rank 97th nationally and 13th in the SEC in third down defense, and much of that has come by way of pass completions in unfavorable down-and-distance situations
    http://georgia.247sports.com/Article...idpoint-155503

Georgia lost to Vandy this week. That kind of says it all about them. Georgia's not bad, but they're not particularly good, either.

Florida's best win is at home over Tennessee. They've played 3 good teams and are 0-3.

I like Mizzou and think they've got a right to be excited. I just think they're at least one more win away from true legitimacy on the national level.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Never knew wanting the missy schools out would cause so much trouble
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    No they aren't, at least Florida is not, they are looking 5-7 right in the face, their D was built on bad teams, their O couldn't move the ball vs Miami Ohio and they have awful coaching at the top.

The only team that will make Georgia's D look good is probably Florida.

Not belittling Mizzy, but their toughest games are probably the two at the end.
    Last edited by KronoRed; 10-21-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    Go Gators!

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    At the time of my comment, the SEC season was 5 weeks old and Mizzou had yet to actually play an SEC team and I was chiding them for their schedule.
    Yeah, I know.

Nobody expected Mizzou to be undefeated at this point. Just as nobody, save for handful in Oxford, expected Ole Miss to pull off the upset against an LSU team that was moving the ball seemingly at will all year.

OTOH, I cannot really say that I'm surprised at all at Auburn's offensive resurgence; it just goes to show you that force-feeding an ill-fitted offensive scheme -- I.E: Auburn last year -- is a recipe for disaster. Malzahn is a natural fit.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Jeeps. Vandy looks like normal, traditional Vandy. Franklin may not be the Magic Man hoped for.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Jeeps. Vandy looks like normal, traditional Vandy. Franklin may not be the Magic Man hoped for.
    They've started terribly in every game. Got it back to 11 at the break with the ball 1st in the second half. Need to keep hitting Manziel.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    They've started terribly in every game. Got it back to 11 at the break with the ball 1st in the second half. Need to keep hitting Manziel.
    They've got a real shot to win this and should be given props for not giving up.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Well. Crap.

They're a running team. I'm not so sure Franklin realizes it yet.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

If not for all the turnovers, A&M might have scored 80 today. I'm going to miss watching Johnny Football.

Wow what a collapse by Mizzy, blown 17-0 lead in the 4th, blown 4th and goal from the 15. Ugly.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Wow what a collapse by Mizzy, blown 17-0 lead in the 4th, blown 4th and goal from the 15. Ugly.
    The Ole Ball Coach says welcome to the SEC.

Can anybody tell me why college football teams are required to share footage of formations that have been used in a past game ?
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Turn Off Ads?