Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Orenthal please die already?

Re: Could Orenthal please die already?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Reading some of the posts in the discussion on liability issues as well as this one has convinced me that it is okay to do anything in this world as long as it is in the name of making money.
    I'm as big of free market guy as you'll find, and yes, I think many people try to use liablity law suits as a get rich quick scheme.

I'll go so far as to share that I tend to side with those nasty evil conserviatives on most issues.

But I agree that Fox is every bit as sick as OJ if they air this. They can try to dress it up as "news" or that they are only passing on the information, but the bottom line is they are using the death of two innocent people to make a buck as much as "slasher simpson" is. Totally sick and dispicable.

I don't have a problem with a ratings grab to boost advertising dollars, but this goes beyond the relms of good judgement and taste.

I have little doubt that all the other networks would try to air the same program if they had the rights. None of the major networks are pure little innocents when it comes to doing tasteless stories/programs to make a buck.

Did anyone else think this was a fake story from the onion at first?
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 11-15-2006 at 04:11 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    If anyone believes that ABC, NBC, CBS or CNN wouldn't do the interview with Simpson, you have a higher or different opinion of those networks than I do.
    No, but it just presents a higher level of irony coming from a network that champions the "party of morality."
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    No, but it just presents a higher level of irony coming from a network that champions the "party of morality."
    Again, this is FOX network, not FOX news. I don't think the FOX network has made any claims to morality considering they run some of the trashiest shows of all the networks.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Again, this is FOX network, not FOX news. I don't think the FOX network has made any claims to morality considering they run some of the trashiest shows of all the networks.
    Left hand - right hand?

Same body.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Left hand - right hand?

Same body.
    And we know what they're scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Double jeopardy.
    there was a lawyer on the radio today that said there are cases similar to this that can be brought to federal court...they in essence go to court with the basis that the dead person's civil rights were harmed by having their lives taken...i have no idea if this is true, but this was a high priced lawyer who was saying this...i'm just too stupid to put what he said into words...

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Yeah...only Fox would stoop so low.
    I never said anything about the other networks. Fox is doing the piece so Fox gets the criticism. None of the other networks are running the interview so I can't say anything about them. Of course all of them want more controversy, viewers, and cash but this goes beyond tasteles. I don't care what station it's on.

Left hand - right hand?

Same body.
    So, FOX Sports = Fox News? In the same way that sports is different than news, so is network entertainment different from a news network. I really am not a FOX news supporter, don't watch it and could care less, but I just think it is not accurate to connect the two.

So, FOX Sports = Fox News? In the same way that sports is different than news, so is network entertainment different from a news network. I really am not a FOX news supporter, don't watch it and could care less, but I just think it is not accurate to connect the two.
    If you bought a Volkswagen Passat and it fell apart within two years would you then give the Jetta a try?

I didn't think so.

Same company. Same owner. Same zeitgeist. Same overriding philosophy towards the product.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    If you bought a Volkswagen Passat and it fell apart within two years would you then give the Jetta a try?

I didn't think so.

Same company. Same owner. Same zeitgeist. Same overriding philosophy towards the product.
    What a pitiful analogy. So, My Name is Earl, the Office, Jay Leno, the Medium, Law and Order and Saturday Night Live and Sunday Night Football tells me something about NBC News? I didn't think so.

What a pitiful analogy. So, My Name is Earl, the Office, Jay Leno, the Medium, Law and Order and Saturday Night Live tells me something about NBC News? I didn't think so.
    Yes. They do have a philosophical connection (I can't help it if you're not intelligent enough to discern it). Less so than FoxCorp., which has a decidedly conservative agenda.

And considerably less demagoguery at NBC versus Fox and Murdoch.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Yes. They do have a philosophical connection. Less so than FoxCorp., which has a decidedly conservative agenda.
    ...for example? BTW, as I have already stated earlier, the entertainment on FOX is about as opposite conservative philosophy as one could get. That has actually always puzzled me and confused me as to how FOX news could have such a reputation for pandering to conservatives and run the trash they do with their comedy and drama programming. They are complete opposites, yet known liberals are telling me they have similar philosophies. Bizarre.
    Last edited by traderumor; 11-15-2006 at 07:26 PM.

Yes. They do have a philosophical connection (I can't help it if you're not intelligent enough to discern it). Less so than FoxCorp., which has a decidedly conservative agenda.

And considerably less demagoguery at NBC versus Fox and Murdoch.
    Ok, so I'll quote your edited potshot version. I'll take your unsubstantiated claims for what they're worth...

...for example?
    Their MSNBC is a decidedly moderate, slightly right-leaning news--their shows follow suit: no, they aren't conservative enough to show OJ/the Swift Boat movie, but they don't mind pandering to middle American tastes/family values/moderate/unrisky family entertainment.

Fox Network goes for a younger, more libertarian demographic, and their products reflect that.

Their MSNBC is a decidedly moderate, slightly right-leaning news--their shows follow suit: no, they aren't conservative enough to show OJ/the Swift Boat movie, but they don't mind pandering to middle American tastes/family values/moderate/unrisky family entertainment.

Fox Network goes for a younger, more libertarian demographic, and their products reflect that.
    You apparently have not watched any of the shows that I mentioned are on NBC if you think that those shows pander to "middle American tastes/family values/moderate/unrisky family entertainment." Some churches would probably not let me teach SS knowing that I enjoy shows like My Name is Earl and the Office. That is far from moralistic, unrisky family entertainment.

Turn Off Ads?