Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Re: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

There is talk now that Wall could attempt to go pro. He will be 19 soon and that part makes him draft eligible. He does not fulfill the second part (out of high school for one year) but Word of God is not an accredited school, so this could be a test case.

I agree with what dabvu says, Wall likes being in spotlight so I don't think there is a rush for him to decide one way or another (although April 25 is college to pro draft eligibility day...)
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was talking to a guy who works in the Phoenix Suns organization and he told me that they are aware of this situation and fully expect Wall to be in college next year.

A couple reasons:

1) The NBA and the Player's Association DO NOT want this rule to be circumvented in this manner. The chances of Wall's case being endorsed by either side is slim to nil. They are trying to move in the OTHER direction and add a year, not give high school players an "out" if they are 5th year seniors or something.

2) Wall and Wall's people don't want to enter into the NBA under an already adversarial position with David Stern. Stern is a strong, strong commissioner.

Just what I was told and it makes sense to me.

Yeah, I don't think he is going to do that either - just saying there is talk.

I "expect" him to end up at Kentucky with Cousins, but you guys have already told me I don't know what I'm talking about with respect to anything else, so what do I know.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post

I "expect" him to end up at Kentucky with Cousins, but you guys have already told me I don't know what I'm talking about with respect to anything else, so what do I know.
    My Lord Puffy are you going to whine about that until the end of perpetuity? :

I get made fun of every day in here.

Lighten up a little, buddy.

Yeah, I don't think he is going to do that either - just saying there is talk. I "expect" him to end up at Kentucky with Cousins, but you guys have already told me I don't know what I'm talking about with respect to anything else, so what do I know.
    The more I hear from and about Wall, the more I'm wishing they'd pursued Bledsoe a bit harder.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Perhaps the noise about Xavier and Daniel not liking each other is just that ... noise.

http://feeds.newsok.tv/services/play...tid=1668486996

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    The more I hear from and about Wall, the more I'm wishing they'd pursued Bledsoe a bit harder.
    They still can, right? This is from last week:

http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/200...ing-into-wall/

Bledsoe, who is from Birmingham, Ala., said Kentucky could move into a prime position. “Just start recruiting me (harder),” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    They still can, right? This is from last week: http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/200...ing-into-wall/
    He skipped his official visit to UK this weekend and went to UC instead. Not a good sign.

Oh, okay. Never mind, then.

Where does it leave them if they get neither Wall nor Bledsoe? Outside the Top 25 in the polls once again?

IMO, the longer it drags out, the better it is for UNC and Duke.

Of course, the longer Xavier Henry takes his time, the better it is for Kentucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Oh, okay. Never mind, then.

Where does it leave them if they get neither Wall nor Bledsoe? Outside the Top 25 in the polls once again?
    My biggest fear is that we end up with neither and Liggins fails to qualify academically. Then we have Kevin Galloway running the point with no depth behind him. Nolan Dennis would have to be the next option.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    My biggest fear is that we end up with neither and Liggins fails to qualify academically. Then we have Kevin Galloway running the point with no depth behind him. Nolan Dennis would have to be the next option.

That's not going to happen.

Jesus, UK fans have become the most pessimistic people on Earth the past few years.

He skipped his official visit to UK this weekend and went to UC instead. Not a good sign.
    There's a great story there about Mick Cronin.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    That's not going to happen. Jesus, UK fans have become the most pessimistic people on Earth the past few years.
    But it could happen. They could potentially have a starting backcourt of Galloway, Miller, and Harris. Could. Could. Could. Not likely, but could.

But it could happen. They could potentially have a starting backcourt of Galloway, Miller, and Harris. Could. Could. Could. Not likely, but could.
    There's a reason Calipari has cooled on Bledsoe.

It can't happen. Won't happen. This ain't Cal's first rodeo.

Turn Off Ads?