Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with that. As I"ve stated many times already, the guy clearly has a sex problem and what he did was incredibly wrong. But I don't see how one can just assume that means he doesn't care about his kids or isn't a good father. Terrible husband doesn't always equal bad father. He may be an awful father, but we don't know that based on marital infidelit

Let's assume he's Father of the Year. Is he really going to want to schlep a couple of kids out on tour with him? IIRC, they aren't even pre-school age. He can hire nannies and rent a house at every tour stop but it's not going to be the same as having Mom there.

I don't necessarily think he's an awful dad. I have no idea whether he is or not. But he is a very driven person and his #1 priority seems to be being the best golfer ever. Even if he was monogamous, it would be difficult for someone like that to be there for his kids when they need him. If Elin moves back to Sweden with the kids, he shouldn't have any problems flying over there to see them whenever he wants since he's a billionaire.

And it isn't just that he had an affair with the nanny either (Not saying he did but it's just an example). This was serial infidelity. The old cliche about having a girl in every town seems to apply here. It's risky health wise to do that. Just ask Magic Johnson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with that. As I"ve stated many times already, the guy clearly has a sex problem and what he did was incredibly wrong. But I don't see how one can just assume that means he doesn't care about his kids or isn't a good father. Terrible husband doesn't always equal bad father. He may be an awful father, but we don't know that based on marital infidelit
    I agree that bad husband doesn't equal bad father in all cases. But I do have a hard time figuring out how wrecking your family, exposing them to potential dangerous situations, not providing a stable and safe homelife, modeling some horrible interpersonal relationships between mommy and daddy and generally not being around equates to being a great dad.

Isn't part of the role of a father to protect his family, create a stable and safe atmosphere for the kids and model how a man treats a woman? The specifics on all of those may differ from family to family, but how can any one argue against those general duties of a father?

It's one thing for a relationship to not work out and mom & dad handle it as best as possible. This is quite another. Maybe he gives them the worlds best hugs or something to offset the damage he's done, but I don't think it's an unfair leap to say that in some aspects he's a horrible father and it is *possible* that in total he's a crappy dad.

It's almost like saying, "except for being an axe murder, he was a great Dad!"
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 12-17-2009 at 12:51 PM.

I agree that not in all cases does terrible husband equal bad father. I can understand a marriage having problems and a partner straying and falling in love with someone else. These things happen.

But, from all appearances, that isn't the case here. Tiger seemed to indulge in a lot of recreational sex for the sake of sex with a lot of women. His mojo was spread far and wide. There wasn't one woman, there were many. Its not replacing one monogamous spouse with another, its completely breaking and shattering the marriage model. Not breaking like cracking an egg, breaking as in driving a semi filled with eggs off the Empire State Building.

That is a pretty serious character flaw. He may be a terrific golfer but his value as a human being is pretty diminished in my eyes. It's a pretty crappy thing that he did over and over and over.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I think -- although I don't mean to speak for MWM here -- that he means there are legal considerations here. Even putting aside questions of how good a father he is or how physically present he can be given his career, you can't just move to a different country with kids after a divorce. How rich he is and how easy it is for him to fly to Sweden may not even be a factor. That's an enormous legal custody jumble to be figured out.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

In a custody fight I doubt Tiger would have a putter to stand on.

Since there is no year 0, his decade would be only 9 years (Year 1-9).
    The first 365 days are represented by year 0. This convention isn't really that hard to understand. These are just digits assigned. I don't think anyone is looking for a philosophical solution here.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    In a custody fight I doubt Tiger would have a putter to stand on.
    Unless he's proven to be an unfit father -- and with ALL the stuff that's come out, there's been no sign of direct mistreatment of the children -- there'll be some sort of shared custody. Which makes residing in different countries a serious legal issue.

Removing a parent from a child's life is viewed as emotional harm to the child in and of itself. So harm to the child by being in a parent's presence has to be proven if that's to be counteracted.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Retired

Tiger could take her to court to keep her from moving those kids out of the United States.........and I think he'd win.

too bad Tiger didn't give more consideration of the potential consequences ... that can happen when you let the little head do the thinking for the big head. His parade of bimbos is one for the ages.

I haven't been following the parade- how many is it, legitimately?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post

About as many majors that he's won.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    maybe that's how he celebrated.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    maybe that's how he celebrated.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    He's almost in the clubhouse, put it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Bet Jack didn't have that many.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?