• B. Radiohead

26 54.17%
  • C.

14 29.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus v. Radiohead

Re: Miley Cyrus v. Radiohead

Nah, Kanye is a star.

I'd bet more than 80% of people under 20 probably don't know who Radiohead is.

Miley is annoying, but an absolute rock star for kids under 14. Hannah Montana is huge to little kids.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Nah, Kanye is a star.

I'd bet more than 80% of people under 20 probably don't know who Radiohead is.

Miley is annoying, but an absolute rock star for kids under 14. Hannah Montana is huge to little kids.
    I'm in the 40+ category and have no idea who or what Radiohead is. Unfortunately, I've seen and heard Miley and would like to choke her.

As for Kanye, I like some of his music, but as a person, he needs to get over himself.

Can't we just get more cowbell

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    While I agree that maybe MC will learn that she might not be entitled to everything she wants, I am a little curious as to what 'we don't do that kind of thing' means. What kind of thing? Meeting fans of your music?
    yeah, I agree. Radiohead is the artist I like most of the three, but they end up looking small IMO.
    Stick to your guns.

I'm 18 and I think anyone who thinks Radiohead isn't great needs to get their head checked. They are one of the best bands in the past decade, and probably one of if not the best current bands. Their new stuff and old stuff is phenomenal and unique. For anyone who thinks Radiohead used to be good, but is bad now - have a listen to "In Rainbows".

Kanye is good as well, and Miley Cyrus sucks.

This thread is clearly intended for those considerably younger than me.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Anyone hear Kanye during American Idol? I think I can make better sounds when on the toilet.

They had to add the computer effect to hide his horrible singing. He couldnt even rap on key and thats pretty hard to do.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    yeah, I agree. Radiohead is the artist I like most of the three, but they end up looking small IMO.
    Radiohead has been around a while. I'm almost 37, and had the opportunity to interview them for my college newspaper. So that's been at least 15 years.

We decided not to interview them, and built that week's Arts section around a
    Simon LeBon interview (Ordinary World comeback, etc) instead.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Radiohead has been around a while. I'm almost 37, and had the opportunity to interview them for my college newspaper. So that's been at least 15 years.

We decided not to interview them, and built that week's Arts section around a
    Simon LeBon interview (Ordinary World comeback, etc) instead.
    That is incredible. Wow.

Radiohead as a band has been in existence for something like 22+ years. Their first single was out in 92 with the album following in 93. I've been listening to them for over half my life at this point.

I don't quite get all the hate for Radiohead that seems to be prevalent now, I have to say. Whether you like their stuff or not, there's no objectively denying the influence they've had in numerous areas -- musically (sonically, instrumentally, lyrically), politically, and as a force in the music industry. I'm willing to be there's not a band over the last 15 years that is more frequently cited as an influence by other musicians. I am not a fan of U2, in fact I rather abhor everything they stand for and most of their music, but I'd never try to deny what they mean to music, and most other people don't seem to either.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    That is incredible. Wow.

Radiohead as a band has been in existence for something like 22+ years. Their first single was out in 92 with the album following in 93. I've been listening to them for over half my life at this point.

I don't quite get all the hate for Radiohead that seems to be prevalent now, I have to say. Whether you like their stuff or not, there's no objectively denying the influence they've had in numerous areas -- musically (sonically, instrumentally, lyrically), politically, and as a force in the music industry. I'm willing to be there's not a band over the last 15 years that is more frequently cited as an influence by other musicians. I am not a fan of U2, in fact I rather abhor everything they stand for and most of their music, but I'd never try to deny what they mean to music, and most other people don't seem to either.
    Completely agreed, I don't see how anyone can say that they dislike Radiohead. You have to respect their music.

They call me "chef"

I can see someone who dislikes most modern music saying they don't like Radiohead or respect them or that they are stinky rotten guts. So it isn't impossible.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Even though she's had fewer of them, I'll bet Miley has sold more CDs than Radiohead. In fact, in the last 2 years, she has sold more CDs than probably any band you can think of.

Even if Radiohead won't take a meeting with her, I bet that any record label would.
    /r/reds

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Radiohead is one of the best bands around. It aggravates me to even see them mentioned in a thread with freaking Miley Cyrus and Kanye West. What the heck is this world coming to....

Only Radiohead album that is less than stellar is Pablo Honey, even though I love the name of the album (yes, I'm a Jerky Boys fan). In Rainbows is a wonderful piece of work that should appeal to almost anyone that listens to it.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Jeff Tweedy kicks all their butts
    Won't argue with that. I listen to a Wilco CD every day. Jay Farrar is a ponce.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Sorry, but I've tried hard to like Radiohead for years and I find them unlistenable, no matter their critical reputation. Since I've known I am supposed to like them, I've given them chance after chance to no avail.

Wilco does have a place on my mp3 player, though.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I don't think you'll find any musical act that isn't hated on by some segment of the population.

In fact, the more popular or "important" (for lack of a better word) an act is, the more vocal the hate will be from that segment.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?