Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's Lineup

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Today's Lineup

I do believe the top of the lineup is much closer to what most RZers would like to see.

Phillips
    Heisey
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Frazier

followed by

Navarro
    Gregorius
    Leake.

I guess Hanigan and Cozart can't play everyday. What does everyone else think?
    What if this is as good as it gets?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Today's Lineup

Yeah, the top six would be the playoff lineup if I were in charge (and all of you should be thankful that I'm not...) - followed by Hanigan and Cozart.

I like that Cozart is getting a second consecutive day off.

I like it, now if they can score a few runs I'll like it even better. With Leake on the mound today I think they'll probably need at least 5 runs for a win today.

FOUR lefty bats in the lineup....What is Dusty thinking?

Sarcasm Alert

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

This is actually what I wanted to see....Navarro continuing to start every game Hanigan doesn't. That could mean he'll be on the post-season roster where the Reds could use his SH bat off the bench.

Also love to see Gregorius at SS today.

Reading the lineup today was possibly the most excited I've been about any lineup this season. The top six is perfection.

I'm excited to see what Gregorious can do.

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    Reading the lineup today was possibly the most excited I've been about any lineup this season. The top six is perfection.
    What a breath of fresh air this lineup is now! Dusty has got to keep Heisey in CF.

If not Hannigan should bat second when Stubbs is in the lineup.
    (I am sure this has been said a million times here )
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

My guess Friday will look like this.....

Phillips 2B
    Cozart SS
    Votto 1B
    Ludwick LF
    Bruce RF
    Rolen 3B
    Stubbs CF
    Hanigan C
    Bailey P

Frazier will get plenty of starts when Votto, Rolen and Ludwick sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    My guess Friday will look like this.....

Phillips 2B
    Cozart SS
    Votto 1B
    Ludwick LF
    Bruce RF
    Rolen 3B
    Stubbs CF
    Hanigan C
    Bailey P

Frazier will get plenty of starts when Votto, Rolen and Ludwick sit.
    I'll guess Stubbs and Cozy switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I'll guess Stubbs and Cozy switch.
    Marty and Thom have been maintaining the last couple of days that Stubby will be dropped to 7th. You have to believe they aren't just grabbing that out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Marty and Thom have been maintaining the last couple of days that Stubby will be dropped to 7th. You have to believe they aren't just grabbing that out of thin air.
    I know....but how long? Remember that time when Stubbs did well in front of Votto? Dusty will.

Would be a shame to have .289 Heisey hitting 2nd and Cozy 7th....but I'm just being silly.

Dusty loves Stubbs. He will be back Friday night for sure. Move a little farther down the bench again Mr.. Heisey. When you get five hits in two starts off of a real pitcher other than some clown named Doc Halliday maybe you will deserve a fair shot. Stubbs looks like he is ready to break out at anytime, he only whiffed twice last night against the legendary Kyle Kendrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I do believe the top of the lineup is much closer to what most RZers would like to see.

Phillips
    Heisey
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Frazier

followed by

Navarro
    Gregorius
    Leake.

I guess Hanigan and Cozart can't play everyday. What does everyone else think?
    Man I hope this is the top 6 guys in the lineup come playoffs, with Hanigan and Cozart rounding it out. I know they only got 2 runs today, but look at the AB's for the first 3 batters. With the exception of BP, whom I have no doubt will be good in the leadoff spot, those are nice numbers.

Note Heisey: 2 for 4 with ZERO K's! So much better than Stubbs usual 0-5 or 1-5 with 3 K's. Is Stubbs D really worth that much? I don't think so.

Kudos to Dusty on today's lineup. Just thankful we're done with the Phillies for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Man I hope this is the top 6 guys in the lineup come playoffs, with Hanigan and Cozart rounding it out. I know they only got 2 runs today, but look at the AB's for the first 3 batters. With the exception of BP, whom I have no doubt will be good in the leadoff spot, those are nice numbers.

Note Heisey: 2 for 4 with ZERO K's! So much better than Stubbs usual 0-5 or 1-5 with 3 K's. Is Stubbs D really worth that much? I don't think so.
    I promise you it's not.

Turn Off Ads?