Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pete Rose's reality show?

Pete Rose's reality show?

Did anyone else watch it earlier this week? I believe it is called Hit and Mrs. I watched it, and it made me sad that he has slipped this low.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pete Rose's reality show?

While there were some uncomfortable moments, Pete did have several funny one liners.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    While there were some uncomfortable moments, Pete did have several funny one liners.
    I agree, but I got the idea most were scripted to expectactions.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

I watched. It's like most other reality shows. Its mindless. I thought it was sad and pathetic that none of Pete's family would show up for the engagement party. His Fiance only had her parents to show up. Her dad looked less than thrilled to be there and her mother is a complete kook. It was two people (Pete and Kiana,the fiance) who are so dysfunctional that their family wants nothing to do with them. Really sad.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Here is an interview on CNN. (1/16/13)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUs9059KVMM
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Pete's show has been pulled after only 2 episodes. Although they won't say they're going to cancel it altogether, it sure looks like that's where it's headed:

It looks like ”Pete” has whiffed on TV. TLC can say no decision has been made, but that’s what TV networks say when they have a couple of episodes to burn off later which will need advertising support. Obviously “Pete” didn’t get huge ratings paired with “Honey Boo Boo,” TLC’s biggest show, and the network made the last-minute switch to banish Pete tonight.
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2013/...ineup-tonight/

Another failed venture for Pete. Too bad he screwed up the very thing he can do well: Major League Baseball

Forget the Hall of Fame, this banishment has robbed him of a ton of money. He can't seem to make a living without baseball

I watched it, huge Pete Rose fan but not a fan of "reality TV." Seemed like one long, drawn out plug for Pete to be in the HOF. That's fine, he belongs, but it was just pushed way too much. They could've trimmed the excess HOF support out of it and made it much more watchable.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

The two kids on the show were unbearable

In my opinion, this show never had a chance, no matter which network and/or timeslot.

The reason that in never had a chance is simple.....

=

Pete Rose is nothing short of an embarrassment. Hell of a ballplayer. That's about the only good thing I can say about the man himself.

They should have had Pete teach honey boo boo how to play baseball.

I watched the first four episodes and it was pathetic. I really think Rose believed he could garner sympathy by doing this show and made one last ditch effort get into the HOF before he dies. He just came off as one sad and pathetic human being who you have very little sympathy. TLC didn't air the last two shows they made and postponed them until later in the spring. That shows you how bad it really was.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Should we start a pool on how long this latest love interest of Pete's will last?

Turn Off Ads?