Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated

Re: Most Overrated

Speaking of television shows, I don't understand how people can call Two and a Half Men a tolerable show, let alone a good one. It's some of the worst TV I've ever seen, and that's really saying something coming from a guy who grew up with soap operas.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Speaking of television shows, I don't understand how people can call Two and a Half Men a tolerable show, let alone a good one. It's some of the worst TV I've ever seen, and that's really saying something coming from a guy who grew up with soap operas.
    You can see the punchlines coming like a 747...

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Beatles overrated?

Funniest thing ever typed
    One of the things I am very much looking forward to is to see how the Beatles are viewed by the general population once the Boomers are all in the grave. Obviously they won't just disappear or become irrelevant ... but how much,if at all, will time erode their memory/influence/standing? Will the become even more revered?

GL

The entire concept of the show after Charlie's demise is ridiculous.

Not that I am the biggest Two and a Half Men fan, but I think I literally disagree with every post of yours that I have ever read. lol. We are polar opposites in every view of life, except for our love of the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Not that I am the biggest Two and a Half Men fan, but I think I literally disagree with every post of yours that I have ever read. lol. We are polar opposites in every view of life, except for our love of the Reds.
    The people who disagree with me the most are the ones I tend to have the most respect for.

The people who disagree with me the most are the ones I tend to have the most respect for.
    How do you feel about the people who loathe you then?

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    One of the things I am very much looking forward to is to see how the Beatles are viewed by the general population once the Boomers are all in the grave. Obviously they won't just disappear or become irrelevant ... but how much,if at all, will time erode their memory/influence/standing? Will the become even more revered?

GL

Their social significance is just as impressive as their catalogue, IMO.

I think they have a place in history in both regards.

I remember the shock wave sent around the world when their look changed from the "mop top" look, all wearing the same suit on stage, to the new "hippie" version.

Of course their music changed as well, and changed rock and roll forever.

No discussion of America in the 20th century is complete without the Beatles and their many influences. The Beatles WERE the 60's.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I used to watch it years ago and liked it. Last season I didn't watch it at all. The three times I attempted to watch it this season I haven't been able to get past the first 5 minutes. I doubt I will try again.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    How do you feel about the people who loathe you then?
    Someone doesn't loathe me?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    After the Alpha-Beta-Gamma of McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's there's a geographic battle for the Delta spot: Jack-in-the-Box and Carl's in the West, Hardee's in the South and Midwest, Kristal in the Deep South, White Castle on the East Coast.
    Since when is White Castle an East Coast thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kr...ations-map.png

edit: it also seems like Sonic and Culver's are making a run at the traditional powers...

You know what's NOT overrated at all? Thanksgiving, everyone have a happy and safe one.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    You know what's NOT overrated at all? Thanksgiving, everyone have a happy and safe one.
    You as well!

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post

Thanks, and you do the same.

As for the topic, I think the show Arrested Development is over rated.

My cousin bought me seasons 1 and 2 a couple of years ago, and I made it about halfway through S1 before I lost interest completely. I've had probably close to a dozen people tell me that it is the funniest show on television, but I just don't see why. There were parts that were funny, for sure, but as a whole I just didn't think it was very good.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Maybe it's not really overrated, but I don't understand how anyone can actually prefer white meat over dark meat. Give me the drumsticks and the rest of you can have the breast.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Turn Off Ads?