Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ryan Braun: "Never Believe Any Of Us"

Ryan Braun: "Never Believe Any Of Us"

MILWAUKEE—In his first statement after receiving a 65-game suspension from baseball, Brewers slugger Ryan Braun called on fans Tuesday to remember that every single word that he or any other baseball player accused of using steroids has ever said publicly is a lie.

“Please be aware that nothing we ever say is true, and when I said that I would ‘bet my life’ I didn’t take steroids, you should have stopped right there and assumed that I took them,” said the former NL MVP, who went on to ask fans whether they really believed that someone who narrowly avoided a 50-game ban for elevated testosterone levels on a technicality could be wrongfully incriminated a second time in two years.

“If faced with either telling the truth and losing millions of dollars or lying and keeping our millions of dollars, we’re going to choose to betray the confidence and trust of everyone around us. Even when we make a confession, the truth is that we did so in a strategic attempt to prevent you from digging any deeper and discovering the really despicable stuff we did.”

Braun concluded his remarks by asking why reporters bothered to write down a single word from his speech since the entire thing was, in all likelihood, also one giant lie. http://www.theonion.com/articles/rya...y-of-us,33223/
    Last edited by Pacman Fever; 07-30-2013 at 04:52 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ryan Braun: "Never Believe Any Of Us"

Just to be clear, that was a quote from The Onion. It is not real.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

4. Likes:

720 PeteRoseWay (07-30-2013)

Pac...we cannot quote entire articles. Just provide a short synopsis and a link. You can get the board in trouble quoting the whole thing. And yes, some of these sites DO pay attention to it.

6. Likes:

720 PeteRoseWay (07-30-2013),Pacman Fever (07-30-2013)

Truth be told....that's the smartest thing he could ever say.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Pac...we cannot quote entire articles. Just provide a short synopsis and a link. You can get the board in trouble quoting the whole thing. And yes, some of these sites DO pay attention to it.
    OK, I didn't know. Thanks man

That is pretty much the approach I take anyways to players' comments about PED's.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Truth be told....that's the smartest thing he could ever say.
    It's too bad that's an Onion article.

Turn Off Ads?