Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: paintmered

Re: paintmered

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    You see some good is coming out of this. Paint's home is now a tourist attraction. Paint, you need to start selling some merchadise on the side of the road. Flaiming Hot Dogs and Cokes for $7.00. TShirt 5 for $20.
    Well, not quite. Since my whole family knows Paintsmered, I had pointed out to them that you might see it from the highway (wasn't quite certain where he lived) and my wife caught a glimpse of it heading up. She was driving on the way back, then I got a look at it. Behind a lot of trees.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Update #I've lost count.

My insurance claim went through today. They determined a cash value for all the stuff I lost, and then as I go out and buy things, I send them the receipts and I get replacement value for all that. So in the end, they are taking good care of me.

I have to admit however, this has been a very confusing process. My claims handler has done a poor job explaining what's going on and what she needs from me. This morning, she informed me that she needed recipts "for the items I was replacing" (i.e. the items I lost in the fire). So I rushed home from work for a little while to do that only for her to inform me later that I was to send the new reciepts, not the old ones. Gee, thanks alot for explaining that so clearly.

This sentence, it does not mean what you think it means, lady.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Glad to hear things are going better for you craig.

I guess if there is any "fun part" about this at all, it's that you get to go shopping and end up with all brand new stuff.

You just can't replace those irreplaceables.... but it's good the insurance company assigns a monetary value to them and pays you something anyway.

I used Excel and set up a inventory program for each and every room listing, to the best of my knowledge what was in it. And of course we had to keep going back and adding stuff we forgot previously until we had that finalized list to submit to the adjuster.

And since our fire I'e learned some very valuable lessons. Like getting a fire-proof safe to keep valuable documents, and also taking a video record of each room in the house just to keep on file.

But overall, our insurance was simply fantastic with us, bent over backwards for us, and didn't question any of our claims. I guess, in that sense, we were fortunate.

I'm glad, when it came to home owners insurance, we went with one of the national companies, and not an independent agent (which we had prior). I don't think we would have gotten the exceptionally excellent treatment with an independent agent (but I could be wrong).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Update #I've lost count.

My insurance claim went through today. They determined a cash value for all the stuff I lost, and then as I go out and buy things, I send them the receipts and I get replacement value for all that. So in the end, they are taking good care of me.

I have to admit however, this has been a very confusing process. My claims handler has done a poor job explaining what's going on and what she needs from me. This morning, she informed me that she needed recipts "for the items I was replacing" (i.e. the items I lost in the fire). So I rushed home from work for a little while to do that only for her to inform me later that I was to send the new reciepts, not the old ones. Gee, thanks alot for explaining that so clearly.

This sentence, it does not mean what you think it means, lady.

So where are you going to live? Have you found a new apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So where are you going to live? Have you found a new apartment?
    The apartment management has been great and they offered me another unit (an upgrade at that) in the complex the evening of the fire. So I took them up on their offer.

Also, apparently there are some tennets that are suing because when these buildings were built a little over a year ago, proper fire and lightning protection measures were not taken. The apartments, while nice, were built to the absolute minimum safety codes.

It will be an interesting case.

And for anyone interested, Allen-Edmonds is having their annual tent sale at Jeffersonville through Labor Day. (I lost all my dress shoes)
    Last edited by paintmered; 08-28-2009 at 09:03 AM.

That's great Paint.

I stand by my original comment that the owner is the real loser in all of this. You have hassles indeed but you'll get new stuff to replace your old stuff and an upgraded apt to boot.

The owner not only has to go through the hassle of rebuilding, he also has to deal with lawsuits...

I am glad to see a RZer come out on top...

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    The apartment management has been great and they offered me another unit (an upgrade at that) in the complex the evening of the fire. So I took them up on their offer.

Also, apparently there are some tennets that are suing because when these buildings were built a little over a year ago, proper fire and lightning protection measures were not taken. The apartments, while nice, were built to the absolute minimum safety codes.

It will be an interesting case.

And for anyone interested, Allen-Edmonds is having their annual tent sale at Jeffersonville through Labor Day. (I lost all my dress shoes)
    So, the apartments have the absolute minimum safety, but your choosing to stay in another unit. Let's hope lightning doesn't strike twice.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    So, the apartments have the absolute minimum safety, but your choosing to stay in another unit. Let's hope lightning doesn't strike twice.
    I'm aware of the risks. Considering the layout of the apartments, the proximity to my job and value, this is still the best option for me.

Turn Off Ads?