Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight marks the beginning of the end of the Reds season!

Tonight marks the beginning of the end of the Reds season!

Let me say first I hope IM wrong and Im just posting this out of frustration at having to watch Dusty manage my beloved Reds. But I predict tonight marks the end of the Reds hopes of a great season. They will start to play like they should have been playing all year, bad. This team just is not built to win. They have a very poor manager that just loses way to many games for his team like tonights game. I hope Im wrong but I dont think I will be. The Reds will lose 80-85 games this year and not even come close to sniffing the playoffs. If Im wrong thank the good lord but if Im not like many on here and everywhere know Im probably not we will see it happen in front of our faces. I believe that is this happens Dusty has got to be fired. He has to be the worst manager ever at managing his pitchers. He just has no idea when to pull them. But lets see tonight it is 5-15-2010 and I predict the Reds enter into a slide were they lose something like 15 out of he next 20 games or 20 out of the next 25 games. Its coming so be afraid, be very afraid.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tonight marks the beginning of the end of the Reds season!

Harang retired 11 of the last 12 he's faced before he was sent out in the 7th. I think you let him go out there and get that inning. After the first hit I would have taken him out. But we as fans have no idea what is being said in the dugout. Chill out and breathe!

RotoHester

I'll take that bet. I'll even take it in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    Let me say first I hope IM wrong and Im just posting this out of frustration at having to watch Dusty manage my beloved Reds. But I predict tonight marks the end of the Reds hopes of a great season. They will start to play like they should have been playing all year, bad. This team just is not built to win. They have a very poor manager that just loses way to many games for his team like tonights game. I hope Im wrong but I dont think I will be. The Reds will lose 80-85 games this year and not even come close to sniffing the playoffs. If Im wrong thank the good lord but if Im not like many on here and everywhere know Im probably not we will see it happen in front of our faces. I believe that is this happens Dusty has got to be fired. He has to be the worst manager ever at managing his pitchers. He just has no idea when to pull them. But lets see tonight it is 5-15-2010 and I predict the Reds enter into a slide were they lose something like 15 out of he next 20 games or 20 out of the next 25 games. Its coming so be afraid, be very afraid.

I said while watching the game to pinch hit for Harang, he had started to lose it the inning before, and there was a guy in scoring position with 2 outs. However, you need to chill, this is baseball, and they've been on quite a streak lately. The Padres were more than due to win, and the Reds were due to lose. They just took 2/3 from the pirates, cardinals, and swept the dbacks, so relax.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

What a miserable line of thinking.

Do you seriously believe with our rotation we'll actually have a stretch where we lose 15 out of 20, or even 20 out of 25? I say you're off your rocker.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Allow me to direct you to the golf scores thread

Yes, remember Dusty is the Reds manager and he ruins pitchers.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Ok chicken little.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

I will take that bet too. But I do think that we are playing at a higher level than this team is expected. I do not think we will go 5 and 20. We are better than that. Don't you think that we are better than that?

The histrionics that follow a loss are always entertaining...

Joe Torre says "Never get too high when you win, and never get too low when you lose" Of course there is always some genius who violates this rule to the extreme. Interesting that these folks always criticise Dusty's pitching moves on the rare occassions when hes wrong, but they're not to be heard from on the numerous occassions when he's right- like the previous 6 games.

In any event, Harang is supposed to be the big ace of this staff. If he can't hold a two run lead against a mediocre team, well he's the one to blame, not the manager.

God must love second guessers, he makes so many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    Your jumping a year ahead of yourself. It's not May 15, 2010. It's May 15, 2009.
    Last edited by robmadden1; 05-16-2009 at 03:35 AM.

Dude Rock

Okay???????

They've won 7 of 10 in extraordinary fashion. They lose one and the panic button sets in????????????

5-3 loss. The season is over. Bring on the Bengals. (sarcasm)

This thread is ridiculous.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Wow, is it the day after the Opening Day loss?

I wonder why some fans that get so miserable after 1 loss in a 162 game baseball season even watch? Even the best teams lose 65 times a year.

Chill. You'll give yourself ulcers.

There is no way this team finishes under .500, and it is also not likely they win the World Series. This edition isbuilt to contend for the playoffs and will probably do so. I fail to see why so many people believe this team can't compete. Sold pitchign means we will always be in it.

Turn Off Ads?