Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Ball '09-'10.

Re: Winter Ball '09-'10.

Lat time I looked, they didn't have those team links set up. Thanks for the update. It makes things a lot easier.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Maybe i just didn't catch it in year's past but the stats of the winterleagues is better than I have ever seen. Just go to the winterleague home and look for stats. All the players are grouped by major league teams. It's great.
    While a good tool, its usually a day behind on updating the stats and on some Carribean League guys 2 days behind.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    While a good tool, its usually a day behind on updating the stats and on some Carribean League guys 2 days behind.
    Hey it beats trying to read the stats in Spanish and searching through five or six web sites.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Hey it beats trying to read the stats in Spanish and searching through five or six web sites.
    Google translator is my friend.

Danny Dorn went 3-4 with 3 HR and 6 RBI tonight in the Venezuelan League.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Babelfish cracks me up. Here's the English "version" of Dorn's game last night from
    El Universal

Dorn punished Cardinals 12:17 A.M. Caracas. - Daniel Dorn stuck three quadrangular ones and Travis Metcalf connected double in the ninth episode to impel the winning race and the Caribbean ones of Anzoátegui surpassed 9-8 to the Cardinals of Lara, in game celebrated in the stage Alfonso " Chico" Carrasquel, in Port the Cross. The natives down by a race, tied the actions with bambinazo of Lew Ford before the shipments of Ryan Houston. Later Luis González shot simple and was replaced in the initial by Jonathan Herrera. The table was served so that Metcalf filled of glory with double to the left prairie that served to leave in the land the winged ones. Dorn with its three vuelacercas tied the mark of the equipment that owns Takings Perez and Eliézer Alfonzo. Altogether it batted of 4-3, three written down and six pushed. Carlos Vásquez (2-1) the triumph in relief work was adjudged, in which it dominated the unique batter who faced. Ryan Houston (0-1) loaded with the defeat after allowing two clean races in two thirds of work.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

The table was served so that Metcalf filled of glory with double to the left prairie that served to leave in the land the winged ones. Dorn with its three vuelacercas tied the mark of the equipment that owns Takings Perez and Eliézer Alfonzo.
    Thanks for posting. I loved this bit. "Left prairie" is classic.

Also keeping an eye on Miguel Rojas, who has recently moved into a starting role at SS for La Guaira. He's one of the youngest players in that league, still just 20 -- this is a nice gig for him and will help his development (if he can stay in the lineup). 6 for 20 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Also keeping an eye on Miguel Rojas, who has recently moved into a starting role at SS for La Guaira. He's one of the youngest players in that league, still just 20 -- this is a nice gig for him and will help his development (if he can stay in the lineup). 6 for 20 so far.
    I noticed he had been getting more playing time. So far so good.

On Oct 30, Dorn played RF and went 0 for 3 with a walk. 45 ABs, 8 BBs, 10Ks, 4 HR, .289/.448/.578/1.026.

Seems to be making a last push for the 40 man roster. I hope the Reds value him more than they seem to. He'd get picked in Rule 5 IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    On Oct 30, Dorn played RF and went 0 for 3 with a walk. 45 ABs, 8 BBs, 10Ks, 4 HR, .289/.448/.578/1.026.

Seems to be making a last push for the 40 man roster. I hope the Reds value him more than they seem to. He'd get picked in Rule 5 IMO.
    Agree on Dorn. Much more likely, IMO, to be picked than Valaika. If it came down to those two, I'd protect Dorn.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Agree on Dorn. Much more likely, IMO, to be picked than Valaika. If it came down to those two, I'd protect Dorn.
    I'd protect both. Make room by cutting loose of Nix, Lecure, Thompson, Richar, Castillo, Tatum or whoever and of course Willy the Terrible.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The thing working against Dorn is that he's a LF and the Reds have a surplus there. The Reds' MI guys are not as deep. Personally, I think Dorn is a bit better than Valaika but Valaika's value to the club may be higher.
    Last edited by GOYA; 10-31-2009 at 05:46 PM.

I'd protect both. Make room by cutting loose of Nix, Lecure, Thompson, Richar, Castillo, Tatum or whoever and of course Willy the Terrible.
    I'd cut all those guys, too, perhaps with exception of Lecure, before I left Valaika unprotected. But I'm not sure that will be the choice.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Seems like the Reds need to unload some of these outfield prospects via trade. You can only play 3 in the OF. And eventually the Rule 5 catches up to these guys in the minors as they get older.

Balentien, Heisey, Bruce, Stubbs, Gomes, Dorn, Dickerson..........something needs to be done. Bruce and Stubbs have the OF locked up.

Turn Off Ads?