Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ChiSox acquire Andrew Sisco from KC for Ross Gload

ChiSox acquire Andrew Sisco from KC for Ross Gload

Uh...

White Sox acquired LHP Andrew Sisco from the Royals for first baseman Ross Gload.
    This definitely helps make up for less-than-stellar returns for Neal Cotts and Freddy Garcia. Gload has had nice runs with the White Sox two of the last three years, but that didn't necessarily mean he was going to remain a useful bench player. Rob Mackowiak can take over his at-bats next season without the White Sox losing anything. In Sisco, the White Sox get a 6-foot-9 left-hander with still outstanding upside. We'd like to see what he could do as a starter if he received a half-season in Triple-A first. Most likely, the White Sox will keep him in the pen and look for a rebound from a 2006 in which he had a 7.10 ERA. He has options remaining, so if things don't work out right away, he can be sent down to Charlotte.

Royals acquired first baseman Ross Gload from the White Sox for LHP Andrew Sisco.
    Awful. At least Rafael Soriano for Horacio Ramirez could be justified by the not quite non-existent chance that Ramirez could somehow be a No. 3 starter in the AL. Gload is a 30-year-old backup first baseman with little chance of being more than a useful pinch-hitter going forward. Sisco is a 24-year-old left-hander with terrific stuff who the Royals made the mistake of forcing into the bullpen. Players like Gload are available as minor league free agents every year. Players like Sisco become available only when you're lucky enough to catch a bad GM on the right day. We're growing less impressed with Dayton Moore by the minute. Gload can hit a little in his limited role, but he's no better equipped to help the Royals than Justin Huber is. Huber is probably the next youngster Moore will sell off for at a big discount.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Gary Redus Ruled

Re: ChiSox acquire Andrew Sisco from KC for Ross Gload

time to go after huber
    Hoping for another Reds October

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    time to go after huber
    PTBNL for Larue?

Where are you Wayne? Sisco would have been a terrific acquisition and you could have had him for basically nothing.

Sisco for Gload yikes! This could put mof on into a Iverson rant about practice but instead we are talkin about Gload! Gload seriously Gload!
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Wow.. Royals are something else..

Roster glue

It will be interesting to see what we get for LaRue...the Royals have a glut of 1B/LF types in the high minors who could be a big help.

Sadly, this deal makes it look like WK may have jumped the gun on the LaRue deal. Sisco would have been very interesting, and in spite of last year's woes at the plate, LaRue is not much less valuable than Gload. I'll never know how low LaRue's trade value plummeted, but I do know I'd rather have LaRue than Moeller--even at a higher price tag.

Hysterical, a year ago Sisco was untouchable, now he can be had for Ross Gload. I'm really starting to believe that the Royals are run by an assorted nut mix.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Where are you Wayne? Sisco would have been a terrific acquisition and you could have had him for basically nothing.
    Sisco is a 6-10 lefty, only 23 years old, who has shown the ability to pitch effectively in the bigs, and the WS got him for virtually nothing.

Meanwhile Krivsky gave up two cheap everyday bats for two guys whose upside can't touch Sisco's. Just laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Sisco is a 6-10 lefty...

...two guys whose upside can't touch Sisco's. Just laughable.
    6'10" is pretty tall, but I think if Bray stood on Maj's shoulders he could reach Sisco's upside.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    6'10" is pretty tall, but I think if Bray stood on Maj's shoulders he could reach Sisco's upside.
    That's true.

If we had acquired Sisco, still had Lopez, and added Hamilton I feel fairly secure we'd be the most inked team in the National League, if nothing else.

I think it's fair to say that Williams knows his stuff, and isn't afraid to listen to his lieutenants when he needs to.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Hysterical, a year ago Sisco was untouchable, now he can be had for Ross Gload. I'm really starting to believe that the Royals are run by an assorted nut mix.
    More than that, though, I think what soured the Royals on Sisquatch was the same thing that soured the Cubs on protecting him two years ago, allowing the Royals to grab him in the first place. Sisco has a reputation for being, shall we say, less than totally dedicated to his craft. This can best be summed up by the email I received from Paul Swydan on November 29th, when he forwarded me an email from a gentleman named Bruce Baskin, who maintains a newsletter devoted to Mexican baseball. Here’s the relevant excerpt:

“Check this out: Andy Sisco, the 6′9″ kid from Eastern Washington who pitches for the Royals, was just cut by Mazatlan. He was pitching well enough, however the team director saw Sisco munching on a couple of tacos in the stadium concourse…during the first inning of the game. Apparently, he showed up in the dugout sometime in the second, but his fate was sealed.

“What a bonehead! Hadn’t he been down there long enough to figure they take the game a whole lot more seriously in Mazatlan than they do in Omaha? Hope he got his tacos to go.”

I can’t confirm that this actually took place, but it’s telling that the people I’ve talked to find this anecdote to be completely in character. It’s also telling that Sisco hasn’t pitched in Mexico since November 19th, even though his last outing was 6 IP, 1 ER, 8 K gem.
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=104

As bottom level salaries escalate, look for Milo moves to be more prevalent. Since MLB has longer term contracts without out clauses like football the investment in a players future will go beyond just what happens when they are playing between the white lines. Especially when you consider that the game is a 1/2 a year of elbow to elbow movement for a group of guys.

Looks like the didn't like what they had, could be the 10 cent head and million dollar arm, could be a franchise taking on water like ET did when he was passed out in that creek.

A flaky lefthander? Inconceivable!

In Sisco's defense, I'll bet those tacos were delicious, possibly cochinita pibil.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Umm...I'm pretty sure Sisco is white...
    Last edited by paintmered; 12-18-2006 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Quote deleted
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

Turn Off Ads?