Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Norichika Aoki

Norichika Aoki

Does anyone think that Aoki may be an option for the Reds? He could be the number two hitter that the Reds are lacking. Tossing aside the fact that Dusty likely wouldn't bat three lefties in a row, his .366 OBP would look good ahead of Votto. He doesn't cost much and has an option for 1.5 mil that the Reds could pick up for next year. He could play center if Hamilton isn't ready and Choo isn't back.

Of course, there are questions like, where would Aoki play if Ludwick comes back playing healthy and starts to swing a hot bat? Also would the Brewers require Cingrani or Leake? Either would be too much to give up. But I think he would certainly help our lineup.

Edit: I just noticed there was another thread about Aoki further down the page. Feel free to delete this thread if needed.
    Last edited by Boro_BG_Red; 07-09-2013 at 12:47 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Norichika Aoki

Id take him in a heartbeat

The other half of the equation is that he would be hard to pry from the Brewers. He is fairly cheap and controlled for a bit, right? It would require a decent amount of pitching to get him, I'm assuming. However he would be perfect to slot in between Choo and Votto, and doesn't exhibit the dramatic splits vs LHP/RHP that Choo does. That would mitigate some of the concern of going 3 lefties in a row.

Choo
    Aoki
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Mes
    Cozart

Lance!?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Lance!?
    Lance Davis? I don't think he's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Lance!?
    You got me!

I think the better option would be to get Mark Trumbo and maybe even possibly Ernesto Frieri from the Angels. There is our cleanup hitter between Votto and Bruce and we end up with another strong bullpen arm

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    I think the better option would be to get Mark Trumbo and maybe even possibly Ernesto Frieri from the Angels. There is our cleanup hitter between Votto and Bruce and we end up with another strong bullpen arm
    Trumbo would be nice, as he is versatile and has some big time pop. Only issue is what the Reds would have to give up. Getting him and Frieri would be costly

I would be extremely happy with Trumbo, but Lance -

I am thinking right now Walt could fill 2 holes pretty easily (maybe) Aoki would be a good leadoff moving Choo to second spot, and signing Michael Young to play 3rd (Since the rangers paid the huge part of his contract, we could rent MY for the rest of the year for about 3 mil, giving Frazier and his "long swing" a chance to work on some mechanics.

These are the 2 glaring holes, this also allows cozart to hit 7th where we could "live" with his OPS. If you ask me I am not sold on Hamilton for the next few seasons so Aoki would be a perfect fit for this team as a cheap fill in until there is such a time.
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Turn Off Ads?