Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds to be "Sellers" next month?

Re: Reds to be "Sellers" next month?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman Fever View Post
    I think it's becoming obvious that a 3rd place team that responds to being 3 1/2 games behind the two front-runners (and responds with a two hit effort) isn't quite "World Series Caliber". With that being said, (& with the farm system looking it's weakest in years), let's take a look at what exactly we "have to sell":

1st Base - Votto = signed to 1 of the most ridiculous contracts in the history of ANYTHING, even the Yanks wouldn't touch him.

2nd Base - Phillips = the heart and soul of the team (even if he has been outplayed offensively by Izturis this month lol)

Shortstop - Cozart = Untradeable K machine

3rd Base - Frazier = Untradeable out machine

Catcher - Hanigan/Mesoraco = Hanigan has become a limp-wristed bum (untradeable), and we totally "missed the boat" on trading Mez (compared to last year, we'd only get peanuts for him)

Left-Field - Paul/Heisey/Robinson/Ludwick = you couldn't get anything but extreme fringe prospects for these throwaways

Center-Field - Choo = now it gets interesting. At the trade deadline Choo could very well still be worth a blue-chipper to a contender (heck, ask Arizona if we can please have DiDi back)

Right-Field - Bruce = Signed for a while on a rather "team friendly" contract. He is a K machine, so if someone wanted to offer a mega package we should atleast consider, but he probably stays

Bench - Hannahan/Izturis = Should both be playing in the Indy Leagues

Starting Pitchers

1. Cueto = Has proven quite injury prone in these last 9 months, should definitely consider an incredible package for him

2. Bailey = Everyone says this guy has "turned the corner", but to me he still looks like a mess. Would love to get 1 (or 2) TOP Prospects for him

3. Latos = the very best player on this team. He IS "The Franchise"

4. Arroyo = I'd take a bag of chips at this point, but his contract is so back-loaded (through 2020?) nobody would even give us that for him

5. Leake = has grown from a lowlife criminal/shop-lifter into quite a quality young man this year (plus has been rather impressive on the mound). I say we keep him around for awhile

6. Cingrani = he looks like a keeper, infact so much so that we should be starting him right now (if the bullpen wasn't such a frickin' joke)

Bullpen

1. Chapman = while he's much more like Rob Dibble than Johnny Franco, he's still one of the best we've seen around here in a while. There are still rumors that he may sign elsewhere in '16, so if offered a mega package, I'd say we should atleast consider it

The Rest (Broxton/Marshall/Hoover/Parra/Simon/LeCure/Masset/Partch) = perhaps someone would atleast give us a couple bucks for these guys (of course we'd just use the cash to throw at keeping Votto in town for yet another 30 years)

So, with all that in mind, are there any Top Prospects out there that you guys have your sights set on? Do you think that I have under/over-valued any of our guys?? Discuss:
    Breath into a paper bag man.

It's June 27.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pacman is the poster child for the 50 post rule to the ORG.

We do not sell, every team goes through a funk. As it stands we are a wildcard team. We all know you just have to get in, and anything can happen. Plus who's to say the Cardinals and Pirates aren't about to hit their slumps. I don't think we need to be buyers either, just get healthy.

I'd look at putting Choo on the block. The dude has hit a wall.

6. Likes:

Pacman Fever (07-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Agreed, and I think Robinson has made a few outfielders despensible

Chapman, Hanigan and Corcino should have been traded last winter @ the meetings, the Reds always FAIL to realize when a players trade value has reached its peak. Plus the Choo trade never should have occurred. You keep Stubbs and Didi. Then this winter, you package Bailey, Cozart and Heisey and get whatever you can. I would DFA Hannahan and Izturis and call up HRod and Soto right now

Quote Originally Posted by KC2135 View Post
    Agreed, and I think Robinson has made a few outfielders despensible
    Robinson has not made anyone expendable. He has been a bright spot in/on a bad bench....but he is no starter. He would be exposed within a week as a decent bench player.

I think it's becoming obvious that a 3rd place team that responds to being 3 1/2 games behind the two front-runners (and responds with a two hit effort) isn't quite "World Series Caliber". With that being said, (& with the farm system looking it's weakest in years), let's take a look at what exactly we "have to sell":

1st Base - Votto = signed to 1 of the most ridiculous contracts in the history of ANYTHING, even the Yanks wouldn't touch him.

2nd Base - Phillips = the heart and soul of the team (even if he has been outplayed offensively by Izturis this month lol)

Shortstop - Cozart = Untradeable K machine

3rd Base - Frazier = Untradeable out machine

Catcher - Hanigan/Mesoraco = Hanigan has become a limp-wristed bum (untradeable), and we totally "missed the boat" on trading Mez (compared to last year, we'd only get peanuts for him)

Left-Field - Paul/Heisey/Robinson/Ludwick = you couldn't get anything but extreme fringe prospects for these throwaways

Center-Field - Choo = now it gets interesting. At the trade deadline Choo could very well still be worth a blue-chipper to a contender (heck, ask Arizona if we can please have DiDi back)

Right-Field - Bruce = Signed for a while on a rather "team friendly" contract. He is a K machine, so if someone wanted to offer a mega package we should atleast consider, but he probably stays

Bench - Hannahan/Izturis = Should both be playing in the Indy Leagues

Starting Pitchers

1. Cueto = Has proven quite injury prone in these last 9 months, should definitely consider an incredible package for him

2. Bailey = Everyone says this guy has "turned the corner", but to me he still looks like a mess. Would love to get 1 (or 2) TOP Prospects for him

3. Latos = the very best player on this team. He IS "The Franchise"

4. Arroyo = I'd take a bag of chips at this point, but his contract is so back-loaded (through 2020?) nobody would even give us that for him

5. Leake = has grown from a lowlife criminal/shop-lifter into quite a quality young man this year (plus has been rather impressive on the mound). I say we keep him around for awhile

6. Cingrani = he looks like a keeper, infact so much so that we should be starting him right now (if the bullpen wasn't such a frickin' joke)

Bullpen

1. Chapman = while he's much more like Rob Dibble than Johnny Franco, he's still one of the best we've seen around here in a while. There are still rumors that he may sign elsewhere in '16, so if offered a mega package, I'd say we should atleast consider it

The Rest (Broxton/Marshall/Hoover/Parra/Simon/LeCure/Masset/Partch) = perhaps someone would atleast give us a couple bucks for these guys (of course we'd just use the cash to throw at keeping Votto in town for yet another 30 years)

So, with all that in mind, are there any Top Prospects out there that you guys have your sights set on? Do you think that I have under/over-valued any of our guys?? Discuss:
    It's cryptic, but I see what's going on here. Welcome to the Board, Dallas!
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Robinson has not made anyone expendable. He has been a bright spot in/on a bad bench....but he is no starter. He would be exposed within a week as a decent bench player.
    He has been playing pretty steady lately, and in my opinion he is better than Hi-C

Alright....How much more pitiful does this troop have to perform before all the homers on this page actually recognize what's happening here? This team simply is not WS caliber. We're already in 3rd + 5 games back. Will it really take being behind the Cubbies before you all "clue in"? It's time to sell.

When you put that much time into a post and don't make a comment worth reading, well then you need to start rooting for the Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    When you put that much time into a post and don't make a comment worth reading, well then you need to start rooting for the Pirates.
    Here's a comment worth reading. I'm a gambling man. I am worth right around $480K right now (house/vehicles/bank accounts/etc.) I just used the trusty little online calculator: I will bet (at a rate of 7 to 1) that the Reds WILL NOT win the WS this year. This means my $480K vs. ANYBODY'S $68,571......my sister is a registered state of Ohio notary.........any offers?? Oh, and if NOBODY even considers taking me up on this offer....then you are all admitting.....IT IS TIME TO TEAR DOWN AND REBUILD !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Pacman Fever; 06-30-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Here's a comment worth reading. I'm a gambling man. I am worth right around $480K right now (house/vehicles/bank accounts/etc.) I just used the trusty little online calculator: I will bet (at a rate of 7 to 1) that the Reds WILL NOT win the WS this year. This means my $480K vs. ANYBODY'S $68,571......my sister is a registered state of Ohio notary.........any offers?? Oh, and if NOBODY even considers taking me up on this offer....then you are all admitting.....IT IS TIME TO TEAR DOWN AND REBUILD !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The bold part is one of the most wildly illogical sentences that can be constructed in the English language (or in any language, for that matter). It is the kind of words one would expect from someone standing on a soapbox on the street corner, in urine stained pants.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Just like we should've traded Bruce back in May?

Alright....How much more pitiful does this troop have to perform before all the homers on this page actually recognize what's happening here? This team simply is not WS caliber. We're already in 3rd + 5 games back. Will it really take being behind the Cubbies before you all "clue in"? It's time to sell.
    An NFL mentality is a bad thing to have when cheering on an MLB team.

Turn Off Ads?