Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: NCAA tournament Day 1

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: NCAA tournament Day 1

14/16 is a solid day's work, I suppose. Still mad Duke lost on me though, and I hate Duke!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

The night games were rough for me. I nailed 7 for 8 with the early games, but only got 5 of 8 with the night games to finish 12 for 16 on the day. Old Dominion, Duke, Marquette, and Gonzaga all came up empty for me this afternoon.

I haven't lost a Sweet 16 pick yet, but given that Duke's really the only major upset, I doubt many others have lost any Sweet 16 picks either.

Oh well, in just 12 hours the fun starts all over again.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

This really might be the best 4 days in all of Sports, dontcha think Cyc.

Wait... if Erin Andrews was the side-line reporter for EVERY game, that'd be better.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    I don't like hearing Gus Johnson. He has a tendency to SCREAM AND YELL and the end of the GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.
    Yeah, I didn't think it was one of his better games called.

Fortunately for him, it was one of the more entertaining games of the day, so I didn't mind his schtick too much.

I do hate when they play storylines up too much in these games, though. Let the action on the floor speak for itself. I don't really care who is overcoming what or playing for who in the game. Thankfully, the Ainge crap died down to a mild roar by the 2nd half.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    This really might be the best 4 days in all of Sports, dontcha think Cyc.
    It's certainly up there, man. MLB playoffs are way up the list for me, especially if the Reds ever partake in the postseason, but these four days aren't very far behind.

Wait... if Erin Andrews was the side-line reporter for EVERY game, that'd be better.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    I don't like hearing Gus Johnson. He has a tendency to SCREAM AND YELL and the end of the GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.
    Gus just has a tendency to scream and yell at anything for really no reason whatsoever. I remember watching an NFL game this past season that he was announcing, and he was screaming and yelling in excitement for a three yard pass play on second down and long.

"He throws, and the PASS IS COMPLETE AS HE'S PUSHED OUT OF BOUNDS!!! IT'S A GAIN OF THREE!!!"

As an alum of a CAA school, I'm thrilled to see VCU beat Duke. I have the Rams going to the Sweet 16 (fingers crossed). Eric Maynor is fun to watch. If you didn't see the CAA final against George Mason, you missed an awesome display. The guy singlehandedly took over that game in the last 1:30 or so with steals on consecutive possessions and scored the last 9 points of the game.

Sad to see ODU didn't do better - I picked them too - since that's the team I rooted for growing up and it's my mom & dad's alma mater.

14 for 16 first day, giddyup.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So do you guys root for teams or just against Duke? I guess that's one way to watch the tourney.

Ah, if you had been a UK fan back in March of 1992, you would totally understand why we will forever 100% loathe and hate any Duke basketball team. Here it is, 15 years later, and I was still sending evil, evil thoughts through my tv screen every time CBS showed Christian Laettner last night.

That 92 game was so completely crushing at the time...I was 24 years old and I cried like a baby...yeah, I know it's only a game. Those were the days..if only we could get that UK team pride back in place today.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHammer View Post
    Ah, if you had been a UK fan back in March of 1992, you would totally understand why we will forever 100% loathe and hate any Duke basketball team. Here it is, 15 years later, and I was still sending evil, evil thoughts through my tv screen every time CBS showed Christian Laettner last night.
    Heck, every time I see a replay of Carlton Fisk's game 6 HR in the '75 WS, I still yell "go foul, go foul". My wife thinks I'm crazy.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Heck, every time I see a replay of Carlton Fisk's game 6 HR in the '75 WS, I still yell "go foul, go foul". My wife thinks I'm crazy.
    At least redemption came the next day!
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

That 92 game was so completely crushing at the time...I was 24 years old and I cried like a baby...yeah, I know it's only a game. Those were the days..if only we could get that UK team pride back in place today.
    Wow, it's been 15 years! Still hurts like it happened yesterday, my dad still will not watch any of those great NCAA moment clips that they always show during this time of year because he knows that shot will be in there.

Ended the day with 14 of 16, missed BYU and Stanford, two games that could have easily been picked the other way.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

DOUG!!!

And here I thought we were friends!! :
    haha I have nothing against them really. I just enjoy it when they lose. I come from a really large family. My dad is the only one in the family who is a Cincinnati guy. The rest of the family bleeds Kentucky blue. So its more of a 'haha' kind of thing than a 'I hate them' kind of thing.

I very much doubt it.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?