Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Childhood Pranks

Childhood Pranks

The teenage kids in my neighborhood went a little crazy a couple of weeks ago. At 3 AM on trash day, they took everyone's trash cans and used them to set up barricades at both ends of the street. They also swiped some garden hoses and strung them through the trees. One of them found a tractor sprinkler and tossed it out in front of an oncoming car. Unfortunately for them, it was a police car. It did some serious damage, and the kid got into big trouble.

I talked to some of my neighbors about it, and they kept wondering, "Why would kids do something like that?" I just kind of shrugged. "Because they're kids. They don't have reasons. They think it will be fun."

I think most of us went through that phase. My friends and I did some goofy stuff like that when we were 15. We used to climb onto the roof of our schools, get in through an unlocked maintenance door, and wreak some havoc (just petty stuff -- no broken windows or anything like that). One night we got into all three schools in my hometown -- the elementary school, junior high, and high school.

I read on another thread that woy took some lady's dry cleaning out of her car and hung each outfit on a different tree in the neighborhood. Classic.

What did YOU do?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Childhood Pranks

In 8th grade a bunch of us made a dummy out of some clothes and went all over the Village (Mariemont) at night and laid it in the road and watched people pull up to it and get out of their car and go and check the "body"

No one took it, no one ran over it, no one did anything but get back in their car and move on down the road.

We thought we were a gas.

On Senior day at school, we moved one of our most clueless teacher's entire classroom to the auditorium stage where we were having presentations the next day. She took it all in good fun.

We could have done a lot more but a few classes before us did some real damage and they had janitors on 24 hour watch.

My best friend had an apple orchard. We found that if you put a rotten smooshy apple on the end of a long stick, you could fling that sucker 300 ft. or more. So we'd bombard cars on the local roads. It was quite the calculation to time the speed of the car and fling the apple in a high parabola and have the apple and car intersect.

Throwing snowballs at cars was always great fun. Throwing snowballs and insults at angry drivers that decided to chase us was even more fun.

We'd also go find flagpoles with gold balls on the top, shimmy up the pole, and steal the gold balls. Why? I don't know. One kid slid down the pole too quickly and got hung on the rope lanyard by a very tender part of his anatomy. We had to lift him off. None of us stuck around to see how he explained why he had to go to the ER. His folks didn't let him hang with us after that.

And anyone that owned a VW Bug or other small car was fair game for us to pick up the car and move it to very odd places. Like patios, between other cars, houses, etc.

The trouble got to be that, even though we never got caught, everyone pretty well knew who the kids in the neighborhood were that were capable for such things. So we got blamed for a lot of stuff we didn't do.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

"Swimming around the neighborhood" - late night pool hopping.

House Bombing- pick a neighborhood house with aluminum siding and bomb it with apples at 3am.

Socking- When I was in 10th grade- filling up tube socks with flour and whacking unsuspecting freshmen with them.

Siphoning gas. I didn't do this (couldn't get it to work), but my neighbor did. He would siphon gas from one neighbor's car and deposit in another's. I think he got the idea from a movie. He did this for an entire summer.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

We used to go cow tipping.

I'm not kidding.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    We used to go cow tipping.

I'm not kidding.
    Yep. Snipe hunting was very popular as well.

We tried cow tipping at the Mount St. Joe farm in Delhi. Maybe we didn't read the prank manual, but I came closer to dying that night than I ever have again.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    We tried cow tipping at the Mount St. Joe farm in Delhi. Maybe we didn't read the prank manual, but I came closer to dying that night than I ever have again.
    You have to get them at a very specific point is what I was taught. If they're too deeply asleep, they won't move and you could actually hurt them (and they're often down by that point anyway). If they're not deeply enough asleep, they can get...tetchy.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Anything involving dry ice is cool.

Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Rearranging letters on signs was also a lot of fun. We came up with some hilariously vulgar phrases.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Back in high school we were big into TPing. All the parents went along with it, it was no big deal. All except one dad. He was a horses backside. He caught some of us TPing his house and made a big stink about it. Called the cops and insisted they take us to the station (even though the cops wanted to just send us home).

So anyway, one of the other kids lived on a horse farm. Since the guy had been a horses butt, we decided he should have some of the by-product. One night a bunch of us loaded up a big dump truck with some horse manure. The truck was then driven to the jerks (no I’m not still bitter, why do you ask??) house and the truck dumped in his driveway. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

A couple weeks later we lobbed laundry detergent tablets into their pool.

And a couple other things I won’t mention cause I’m not sure about the statute of limitations…

Then there was the time an ex-boyfriend really really made me mad so I went and bought a bunch of um, adult reading material, subscribed and had it all sent to his work address.

I could go on…

Moral of the story – don’t tinkle off creek.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Put a ladies' purse in the road with a fishing line attached to it. When the person stopped their car to get it, we'd pull it away right as their hand got within a few inches of it.

It was a really stupid idea, because if you wanted to see who was pulling the string, you just followed it to the end.

We got a few people on it.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    Back in high school we were big into TPing.
    So were we.

And putting bags of dog crap in people's mailboxes.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Anything involving dry ice is cool.

Just sayin'.
    Cherry bombs have water-proof fuses.

Just sayin'.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?