Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

I saw Skyfall last night. I would have to agree with everyone here. One of the best Bond films I've seen.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I saw Skyfall last night. I would have to agree with everyone here. One of the best Bond films I've seen.
    Boy am I going to get in trouble....

You must have to be a Bond fan to "get" Skyfall. I found it tedious and in parts, downright boring. Just wasn't impressed.

Then again for me, the best part of any Bond movies has been the music. Adele's "Skyfall" was amazing.

I found Skyfall to be a little overrated myself. It was probably negatively affected in comparison by the slew of surprisingly strong films to have recently come out of Hollywood (Looper, Argo, Seven Psychopaths)...

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Boy am I going to get in trouble....

You must have to be a Bond fan to "get" Skyfall. I found it tedious and in parts, downright boring. Just wasn't impressed.

Then again for me, the best part of any Bond movies has been the music. Adele's "Skyfall" was amazing.
    Well, it's like music. Preferences are kind of subjective. I kind of like that the Daniel Craig version isn't overly reliant on all the gadgets like previous Bond movies have been. It just seems more real. I kind of liked it.

I do agree with you on the theme. Great song.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Lincoln.

Amazing. Beyond Amazing. If Day-Lewis and Tommy Lee Jones don't get Oscar nominations for this movie, the nominating committee is blind.

Lincoln.

Amazing. Beyond Amazing. If Day-Lewis and Tommy Lee Jones don't get Oscar nominations for this movie, the nominating committee is blind.
    Agreed. I just got home from seeing it. Sally Field was pretty solid as well.

I'll be seeing it tomorrow or Monday. Is there a surprise ending?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I'll be seeing it tomorrow or Monday. Is there a surprise ending?
    I was a small bit surprised at the amount of humor. The trailers I had seen didn't show much of that.

There was no Daniel Day Lewis in the movie, only Lincoln.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Lincoln.

I could see Day-Lewis not winning just because you expect the guy to be so good. It's happened before.

Tommy Lee Jones (who is no slouch in his own right) was the pleasant suprise to me. Not knowing who the rest of the field is, I'd still think he is a good pick for supporting actor based on both his performance and the character he plays.

One thing I particularly liked was that the movie wasn't afraid to be complicated. It gave its audience credit for being intelligent. There were also little details for those who knew the story well, such as Mary's mention of Cold Harbor.

Lincoln 6.37 MM opening day
    Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 6.25 MM

Makes me kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Lincoln 6.37 MM opening day
    Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 6.25 MM

Makes me kinda sad.
    Ahhh, but take into consideration what else opened on both weekends. Lincoln had to compete with Twilight. I can't remember what Vampire Hunter competed with that week.

and I saw Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter also. I have to admit I enjoyed it. for what it was it was entertaining. You had to suspend reality and enjoy it for a historical-wanna be action movie.

Lincoln.

It was pretty good other than the fact I couldn't believe he died in the end.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    It was pretty good other than the fact I couldn't believe he died in the end.
    Whoa! Spoiler alert, some of us haven't seen it yet.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?