Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Battle of Ohio

The Battle of Ohio

Bengals are up 14-3. Pollack was carted off with an injury, and Chad hurt himself doing the chicken dance after celebrating a TD.

Outside of that, Bengals are looking good.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Battle of Ohio

Bengals are looking REALLY good, despite the Palmer INT, but the Defense has been awesome today.
    Let's make some noise!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    Bengals are looking REALLY good, despite the Palmer INT
    That's on Reggie Kelly

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Cincy is still the king.

Begals 34, Browns 17

Some good things:

Cincy RBs and the Browns, first Dillon, now Rudeeeeeeeeeeeeee Johnson putting cleatmarks on the backs of defenders.

The D. We have either played two of the worst offenses in the league (Cleveland's certainly is not good) or we're better on D. I think its a little of both. Next week should definately provide some indication.

Depth, finally. But I hope the injuries don't keep those guys out for long, especially Dexter Jackson. I think he just turned his ankle, but that could keep him out next week.

Keeping the boys humble:

Protecting the QB. Not a good day, esp. from the 1st Q on, but Cleveland did start sending the house after getting torched in that opening Q.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Well that sucked
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Well that sucked
    You expected any different? I didn't.

Wait till next week when the Ravens come into Cleveland. Looking at our schedule, we'll be 0-6 before you know it.

#1.... Offensive coordinator Carthon has got to go!

The lose of center Bentley has obviously hurt our O-line, which was AGAIN already questionable going into this season. And they can draft all the Edwards and Winslows they want.... until they fix that line it ain't gonna matter.

And while I like the 3-4 defense, we still don't have the LBers for an effective pass rush.

Gonna be a lonnnnnng season for Brown fans looking at the division.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    You expected any different? I didn't.

Wait till next week when the Ravens come into Cleveland. Looking at our schedule, we'll be 0-6 before you know it.

#1.... Offensive coordinator Carthon has got to go!

The lose of center Bentley has obviously hurt our O-line, which was AGAIN already questionable going into this season. And they can draft all the Edwards and Winslows they want.... until they fix that line it ain't gonna matter.

And while I like the 3-4 defense, we still don't have the LBers for an effective pass rush.

Gonna be a lonnnnnng season for Brown fans looking at the division.

Ah, our lovable Brownies play the Raiders on Oct. 1 - that's a win - it might be the Brody Quinn bowl (Oakland can have'em!)
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Ah, our lovable Brownies play the Raiders on Oct. 1 - that's a win - it might be the Brody Quinn bowl (Oakland can have'em!)
    It's very hard at this stage to evaluate Frye with this offensive line. I really like GM Kevin Savage. But I don't understand how they think they can succeed with this patchwork offensive line?

I'll take Troy Smith over Quinn.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    ... and Chad hurt himself doing the chicken dance after celebrating a TD.
    No sure if you were joking, WV. I think Chad bruised his shoulder by making a very nice grab of a TD in the corner of the endzone. Not from the dance!

Cleveland did a nice job of protecting Frye today. The Bengals went sack-happy against KC last week and did not seem to put much pressure on Frye today. Frye has a good sense for running from pressure (I guess you need it w/ the Browns!)... something that Klingler and Smith never got used to in Cincy. However, it seemed like the only time he got pressured was when he stood and looked for awhile (no one open). Might be b/c the Bengals planned to cover more than to rush heavily. Frye also seems to get balls picked often when his receivers do not hold onto the ball (like B. Edwards last week in the last drive).

I am sure that no one was surprised by the outcome (like most were when Cincy barely won in PBS last year). Actually I was hoping for a closer game. Not b/c I bet on the Browns with 10-points, but b/c I think it gives a team more motivation at home during the 2nd matchup. But this Bengals fan cannot complain w/ the final score. I only worry about the number of injuries sustained by Bengals starters. I was hoping that Palmer would come out with about 10:00 left. He didn't, but it made me nervous.

Go Browns next week! PITT next week for Cincy on a short week. Never a good thing to play on a short week in the NFL.

I think Cleveland will keep pace with Baltimore. Maybe even beat them.

Though I think Cincy drops one against Pitt next week.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    It's very hard at this stage to evaluate Frye with this offensive line. I really like GM Kevin Savage. But I don't understand how they think they can succeed with this patchwork offensive line?

I'll take Troy Smith over Quinn.
    Its Phil Savage.

Losing Bentley to start the season really hurt. Frye is a good scrambling QB, but he needs to create with his passes for the Browns to be successful. He has the weapons, but he cant get the job done.

For the record, Troy Smith is listed as the 9th best QB according to GBNReport. Brady Quinn, Brian Brohm, Drew Stanton, Kyle Wright, JaMarcus Russell, Jordan Palmer, Tyler Palko, and Kevin Kolb are all listed above him.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I thought they should have taken Carson and Chad out of the game when it became 34-10 with less than 4 min. to go. I feel as though that last touchdown the Browns scored was a direct result of the Bengals' hubris in leaving them in with the game well in hand. I'm just glad neither of them was seriously hurt.

For you Browns fans, I think Frye will be a decent QB. Get him a O Line and he'll be pretty good. Unfortunately he can only hit his receivers so many times in the hands before they have to start catching them. Edwards, Droughns and Winslow dropped passes they should have easily caught.

The Bengals Rund D looked pretty tough.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I was at the game today. GREAT atmosphere. Very few Browns fans.

Nice to see Bengals fans holding onto their tickets or other Bengals fans wanting to go to the game bad enough to buy most tickets available through scalpers, stubhub, ebay etc. etc!

By the way, is it just me, or were these two separated at birth?

Last edited by Yachtzee; 09-17-2006 at 11:03 PM.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?