Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Brady lost to a hot Quarterback, a hot team and an excellent Head Coach in Tom Coughlin. That year the Giants won in Green Bay with a healthy Aaron Rodgers...a rare accomplishment by any team. In addition, losing 17-14 by a fluke catch from a TE who never did anything else his whole career, wasn't exactly the kind of performance that Peyton and the Broncos displayed yesterday.
    They scored 14 points. You can spin it any way ya want but Manning would have been roasted.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-03-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    They scored 14 points. You can spin it any way ya want but Manning would have been roasted.
    I feel like the NFL adores Manning. I think this talk of Manning being roasted is a bit overblown.

Would Bill Simmons roast him? Of course, but he is also a huge Patriots fan.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I feel like the NFL adores Manning. I think this talk of Manning being roasted is a bit overblown.

Would Bill Simmons roast him? Of course, but he is also a huge Patriots fan.
    You are kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    You are kidding right?
    I have not listened to any sports radio and do not currently have cable television so I may be missing out on the roasting. I just googled "Peyton Manning" and did not really see anything overly negative. The one article said "Manning still an all time great after super bowl flop." Can't really disagree with saying Manning's performance last night was a flop. I googled "Super Bowl" and nothing really came up roasting Manning.

It just seemed to me most of this season Manning was getting heaps and heaps of praise and Brady was actually being roasted a bit.

I think the fans roast Manning a lot, but he looks so goofy, that it is pretty easy, and as I said, when you are the sport's Golden Boy you are a big target.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 02-03-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Brady lost to a hot Quarterback, a hot team and an excellent Head Coach in Tom Coughlin. That year the Giants won in Green Bay with a healthy Aaron Rodgers...a rare accomplishment by any team. In addition, losing 17-14 by a fluke catch from a TE who never did anything else his whole career, wasn't exactly the kind of performance that Peyton and the Broncos displayed yesterday.
    Actually, in 2007 when the Patriots went 16-0 in the regualr season before losing to the Giants, 17-14, in the Super Bowl, Green Bay's starting QB was Brett Favre. Aaron Rodgers was Green Bay's starting QB in 2011 when Brady and the Pats lost another Super Bowl to the Giants.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

How about these playoff numbers:

Manning has led his team to 1 winning drive in the playoffs

Brady has led his team to 6 winning drives in the playoffs

Playoff record:

Brady: 18-8
    Manning: 9-12
    Manning's playoff record is 11-12, not 9-12. It still isn't a terrific team record in the playoffs.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Manning's playoff record is 11-12, not 9-12. It still isn't a terrific team record in the playoffs.
    11 -12 is pretty poor when you consider that many of those games were played on an artificial surface in a dome where I suspect Peyton had a significant advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Actually, in 2007 when the Patriots went 16-0 in the regualr season before losing to the Giants, 17-14, in the Super Bowl, Green Bay's starting QB was Brett Favre. Aaron Rodgers was Green Bay's starting QB in 2011 when Brady and the Pats lost another Super Bowl to the Giants.
    On both occassions Eli came into Green Bay in bad weather and beat good Packer teams with great quarterbacks in their own building, and then went on to win the Super bowl. Eli is the anti- Peyton.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    QBs also tend to take awful hits as a sitting duck in the pocket. And far too often, a QB who runs and refuses to slide tends to put himself at a greater risk on non-designed runs than on designed runs in which blocking schemes are in place.

IMO, designed runs are safer than simply taking off and running. That stated, a QB that is a major threat to run may force an opposing team to eschew man defense; you don't want your DBs running down-field with their backs to a QB who has taken off and is heading down-field.
    Yeah but those QB's who take off and run, whether by design or not, are entitled to less protections than those who don't. Once a QB has broke the DT's they are considered a runner and can be hit as such. Just my opinion, but if I had my choice I would take a pocket passer over a running QB any day of the week. I can't think of 1 running QB I would take over even an Andrew Luck.

How about these playoff numbers:

Manning has led his team to 1 winning drive in the playoffs

Brady has led his team to 6 winning drives in the playoffs

Playoff record:

Brady: 18-8
    Manning: 11-12
    Corrected

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Yeah but those QB's who take off and run, whether by design or not, are entitled to less protections than those who don't. Once a QB has broke the DT's they are considered a runner and can be hit as such. Just my opinion, but if I had my choice I would take a pocket passer over a running QB any day of the week. I can't think of 1 running QB I would take over even an Andrew Luck.
    Well, Andrew Luck is probably the most talented of the new generation of QBs, so that is not really stepping out too far onto a ledge.

I think the Seahawks defense just beat the snot out of the Bronco offense as a collection. Manning did his dinks and dunks but the Seahawks defense just laid the wood on them and gave them no yards after the catch. And Manning has little time to throw. Brees and Kaepernick got similar rude treatment in their playoff games. Seahawks D is just state of the art now. Offenses will adjust next year.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-03-2014),Revering4Blue (02-03-2014)

Corrected
    Yep, someone else already corrected me. Math is not my strong suit, ha.

11-12 is still pretty crappy for someone as incredible as Peyton.

Is it possible for the Greatest of all time to be below .500 in the playoffs when facing off against the best competition?

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-03-2014)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Given his age, I can't think of any QB I'd rather have than Luck, who, himself, is as good of an athlete as any of the "read-option" QBs out there.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-03-2014)

Well, Andrew Luck is probably the most talented of the new generation of QBs, so that is not really stepping out too far onto a ledge.
    You're right, its not stepping out much, Im just trying to make my point. I would take just about any of the starting pocket QB's over any of the good running QB's, except for possibly Cam Newton. I don't consider Russel Wilson a running QB either. I consider him more of a pocket QB.

Turn Off Ads?