Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aroldis Chapman, future closer?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Aroldis Chapman, future closer?

I would rather Masset close. I think people forget just how dominant he has been sans April 2010 over the last 2 seasons. Heck, even with that April, the guy has been nails overall.

As for Chapman being more thrower than pitcher, how exactly is that going to change from the bullpen where just about everyone goes full throttle since they are only throwing 15-25 pitches every other day?

2. Turn Off Ads?

And Massett could also be a pretty dominant starter. This team has a ton of options.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

-The Insider-

So say they want to put him in the rotation next year. Who goes?
    Arroyo is signed for two more years. He can be traded if need be.
    We already signed Cueto to an extension. What if Wood keeps his pace this year and does very well, Bailey puts up good numbers, and so does Volquez. Who do we get rid off? Also, remember, we have Leake ready in the wings too. I think he will end up being the closer. Yes it'll be a waste of money and talent, but I just have a feeling. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    So say they want to put him in the rotation next year. Who goes?
    Arroyo is signed for two more years. He can be traded if need be.
    We already signed Cueto to an extension. What if Wood keeps his pace this year and does very well, Bailey puts up good numbers, and so does Volquez. Who do we get rid off? Also, remember, we have Leake ready in the wings too. I think he will end up being the closer. Yes it'll be a waste of money and talent, but I just have a feeling. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Whether or not AC is a starter or reliever will have nothing to do with any other pitchers on the planet, IMO. I don't think the Reds will avoid starting him because of the depth chart. They may choose not to make him a starter, but it wont be because of the depth chart.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Whether or not AC is a starter or reliever will have nothing to do with any other pitchers on the planet, IMO. I don't think the Reds will avoid starting him because of the depth chart. They may choose not to make him a starter, but it wont be because of the depth chart.
    Very true. I don't think the Reds are gong to say "Oh, well we already have five starters, he has to stay in the bullpen." It's more of, who should be let go/traded to make room for Chapman. That's more of what I was getting at.

Turn Off Ads?