Everybody clap your hands

clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: The Howl

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    Everybody clap your hands

Boss, I think this is worthy of suspension. Anyone else?

/joking
    //but seriously, I hate it
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by crumbley View Post
    everybody clap your hands

make some noise make noiseeeeeeee

hey hey hey
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    What if the organization begins to kick fans out of games who do it for fear of distracting the players?
    Lotsa hecklers here ain't gonna like that idea.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98315
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

For all you former Mario Bros. players. At Indians games when the Tribe scores a run after touching homeplate the "One Up" sound is played over the stadium loudspeaker. It really is stupid IMO. Any stadium sound or fan noise is better than that.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

I'd be in favor of losing the "woooo" and going with the "howl."

Could we call it the Terrible Howl?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    make some noise make noiseeeeeeee

hey hey hey
    They have TWO songs clip that are played every other at bat through the WHOLE season. Make Some Noise! and DaDa Da Da...DaDa Da Da are literally insufferable. The people running sound at the ballpark are impossibly bad at what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    They have TWO songs clip that are played every other at bat through the WHOLE season. Make Some Noise! and DaDa Da Da...DaDa Da Da are literally insufferable. The people running sound at the ballpark are impossibly bad at what they do.
    What is the song clip that they play that somewhat reminds me of the first few vocal notes (note-wise) of "Last Train to Clarksville" but most certainly is not....its kind of a "rock" song. They play it 15 times a game.

This is beyond insufferable. I've never heard it in any other pro/college/high school arena/stadium/ball park anywhere, which says one thing: It's terrible. And I have no idea what it's saying ... it sounds like "A long fly ball" to me, but who knows? They've been playing it for years. Seriously, get some new music already.

And while they're at it, ditch the cheesy cartoon Reds Race and run the real mascots around the field or something - like in Washington, Milwaukee and elsewhere. The current Reds Race is an abomination compared to the classic of Riverfront Stadium with the Nos. 1, 2 and 3 baseball heads racing toward the finish line. Now we get Mr. Red, Mr. Redlegs and Rosie all running around the bases and, just before they hit third, Gapper appears with some shenanigans to tamper with the race. He'll throw out the hole in which two of them fall into, or he'll throw out a jar of marbles.

The problem is there are only three or four versions and that gets incredibly boring if you attend more than a game or two.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    What is the song clip that they play that somewhat reminds me of the first few vocal notes (note-wise) of "Last Train to Clarksville" but most certainly is not....its kind of a "rock" song. They play it 15 times a game.
    I think that's the "Dada Da Da" one that speeds up and is played thirty thousand times a game despite no one in the crowd even knowing what it is. It just amazes me that an organization competent enough to handle hundreds of millions of dollars every year could self-evaluate the ballpark experience and be happy with the redundant, pointless noises blaring out of the speakers all game long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    What if the organization begins to kick fans out of games who do it for fear of distracting the players?
    Then kick out the fans who try to start the infernal wave in the late innings of a close game. That's more distracting.

Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    And while they're at it, ditch the cheesy cartoon Reds Race and run the real mascots around the field or something - like in Washington, Milwaukee and elsewhere. The current Reds Race is an abomination compared to the classic of Riverfront Stadium with the Nos. 1, 2 and 3 baseball heads racing toward the finish line. Now we get Mr. Red, Mr. Redlegs and Rosie all running around the bases and, just before they hit third, Gapper appears with some shenanigans to tamper with the race. He'll throw out the hole in which two of them fall into, or he'll throw out a jar of marbles.

The problem is there are only three or four versions and that gets incredibly boring if you attend more than a game or two.
    Don't even start me on Gapper. My new pet peave is when Gapper replaces Mr. Red in the race and Mr. Red is used as the villain at the end. Just a complete sacrilege.

I understand it's entertainment, but the whole organization just lacks class at the moment IMO. They should have stamped out the FS Ohio girls before that idea was even pitched, Gapper should be stuffed in a closet somewhere, stop playing the cha cha slide 15 times a game,...and one other thing I won't mention as it might ruffle some feathers. If some fans are bored, then there's nothing you can do about it. People who are bored by baseball aren't going to come to twenty games a year just because you showed a twenty second Wii race after the fifth inning.

I understand it's entertainment, but the whole organization just lacks class at the moment IMO. They should have stamped out the FS Ohio girls before that idea was even pitched, Gapper should be stuffed in a closet somewhere, stop playing the cha cha slide 15 times a game,...and one other thing I won't mention as it might ruffle some feathers. If some fans are bored, then there's nothing you can do about it. People who are bored by baseball aren't going to come to twenty games a year just because you showed a twenty second Wii race after the fifth inning.
    Lighten up, Francis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    It was like human vuvuzelas.
    That's a great analogy. I listened to the end of that 14-inning game on the radio and it was definitely a distraction there.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?