Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cubs fire Dale Sveum - Girardi on the radar?

Re: Cubs fire Dale Sveum - Girardi on the radar?

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I disagree here. He worked wonders with a terrible Yankees team this year, and don't forget he was also very good with the Marlins before getting canned unfairly. Yes, the last few years he's worked with high payroll teams loaded with stars, but for the most part Torre received the best years of those players and Girardi was working with a very flawed team for most of his tenure.
    Like Baker. Joe is a good manager and a good man. Can handle the New York media glare. Really hope the Yankees are not stupid enough to let him go because he could make the Cubs dangerous.

2. Likes:

MattyHo4Life (09-30-2013),Revering4Blue (09-30-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    I nominate this for the most ridiculous post of all-time
    . And I nominate you for most ridiculous poster. You come on here yelling and screaming about "Dusty Bashers" but all you do is bash people that aren't happy with Dusty. If you are entitled to your opinion so is the discenting group. Not to mention in the life-span of this board you have the time frame of a fruit-fly so you have no room to talk about all-time anything. You come across as a 'one-trick pony' to me. I've never seen you write a post that showed any actual baseball knowledge so, until you do, STOP with the personal attacks!!!

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

5. Likes:

MattyHo4Life (09-30-2013),Reds360 (09-30-2013),texasdave (09-30-2013),toledodan (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I have seen a lot of criticism of Ned Yost's game management but I have watched him at all so I have no idea if is valid or not.
    I remember Yost with the Brewers. He's a good candidate.

If Girardi has a choice between The Yankees, the Cubs, or Fox, I doubt little Cincy has a chance. Too bad, he'd be a perfect fit for this organization.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I have seen a lot of criticism of Ned Yost's game management but I have watched him at all so I have no idea if is valid or not.
    Eh...another Baker player's manager...keep the guys happy...but his game management is old school and often has fans here raising eyebrows. Better clubhouse guy than game manager, imo. Much better than some of the past managers the Royals have had in recent memory. I don't think he's bad...nor good...like 90% of managers. He just is.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

9. Likes:

toledodan (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    The Cubs struggles can't be pinned on Sveum..... but one has to hardly believe that he was much more than a interim guy... the guy put in to take all of the losses until the cubs could get a workable team for a top management name.... like Girardi.
    They were saying on BBTN that the younger players (Castro, Barney, Rizzo, Samardzja) regressed under his watch and that was the likely reason he was sacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    . And I nominate you for most ridiculous poster. You come on here yelling and screaming about "Dusty Bashers" but all you do is bash people that aren't happy with Dusty. If you are entitled to your opinion so is the discenting group. Not to mention in the life-span of this board you have the time frame of a fruit-fly so you have no room to talk about all-time anything. You come across as a 'one-trick pony' to me. I've never seen you write a post that showed any actual baseball knowledge so, until you do, STOP with the personal attacks!!!

Rem
    Nice personal attack
    Last edited by EMAW; 09-30-2013 at 09:04 PM.

EMAW

It is pretty sad that I have to defend the guy all the time. This team sucked beyond belief for a long time and has now made the playoffs three of four years and rarely if ever is a good thing said about the guy. Guess that makes me the one trick pony that defends Dusty.

I nominate this for the most ridiculous post of all-time
    please tell me where i'm wrong. dusty might as well be bernie from the movie "weekend at bernie's" sitting in the dugout. the only thing you ever see him do is change a toothpick out every now and then.

you sure do love defending him. if we lose on tuesday i'm sure you will be here to say it wasn't his fault.
    Last edited by toledodan; 09-30-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I remember Yost with the Brewers. He's a good candidate.
    yost is disliked here from the fans for alot of the same reasons as dusty. fanbase isn't happy that he looks to be coming back.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

It is pretty sad that I have to defend the guy all the time. This team sucked beyond belief for a long time and has now made the playoffs three of four years and rarely if ever is a good thing said about the guy. Guess that makes me the one trick pony that defends Dusty.
    what does the past have to do with now? we have the best pitching that's been here in decades. gold glove second baseman and 225 million dollar first baseman. expectations are high due to talent not the manager. the manager isn't getting the job done period. flame outs every season at the end.

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    please tell me where i'm wrong. dusty might as well be bernie from the movie "weekend at bernie's" sitting in the dugout. the only thing you ever see him do is change a toothpick out every now and there.

you sure do love defending him. if we lose on tuesday i'm sure you will be here to say it wasn't his fault.
    If the Reds win he gets no credit, if they lose the bashers pile on

I have no clue what your talking about in regards to the only thing he does is chew on tooth picks

He is into the game, takes notes, talks to his staff, talks to his players

The way he interacts and runs a game is hardly different than any other manager

Who cares about the chewing sticks (not toothpicks!) and wrist bands

if you feel you have to defend him all the time than maybe you need to step back and see why??

Nice personal attack
    Nothing personal. I don't know you and I don't like or dislike you. Just a personal observation. Dan has been here since 2003 and I've been here since 2000. Yet you've not learned how to get along here. Learn some manners and show some respect and it'll be returned. Don't learn it and you'll be pretty much where you are now.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

19. Likes:

toledodan (09-30-2013)

If the Reds win he gets no credit, if they lose the bashers pile on

He is into the game, takes notes, talks to his staff, talks to his players

managers don't win you very many games but they sure can lose you plenty.

as for taking notes he's probably doing a crossword or playing words with friends.

21. Likes:

remdog (09-30-2013)

Turn Off Ads?