Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Friday June 22, 2012 Minor League Updates

Re: Friday June 22, 2012 Minor League Updates

Pensacola wins 4-2, featuring great relief work from Serrano, Tanner, Pearl (his first AA appearance), De La Rose and Justin Freeman. Yordanys Perez was 3-4 and LaMarre, Gregorius and Greene all had two hits.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dayton comes up short, 9-8. Not so good for Ryan Kemp. The top four hitters--Arias, Perez, Yorman and Wright--had two hits apiece.

Louisville is tied 3-3 after eight. A victory for the Bats would be their fifth straight.

You really ought to win on a night when Miguel Rojas hits a home run.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Billings won 9-4

Was Cisco only scheduled to pitch two innings or did something happen to him?

Louisville wins in 13 innings after Felix Perez doubled and scored on a Daryl Jones single with 2 outs. Kanekoa Texiera saved it.

Billy Hamilton walked in the 5th inning. He was then forced out at second base on the next play. He was double switched out to start the bottom of the 5th inning. They use the DH. Concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Billy Hamilton walked in the 5th inning. He was then forced out at second base on the next play. He was double switched out to start the bottom of the 5th inning. They use the DH. Concerned.
    Care to expound? Or is there any additional news?

It's possible they were just giving Hamilton a breather. He didn't get much time off, having played in the A+ All-Star game, and the game at that point was 7-1.

I agree with Doug that Yorman's stance looks more crouched. Looks good to me. He looks extremely quick on the fastball. Breaking stuff could be a problem. But again, I was very impressed with what I saw from him last night, watching on milb tv. And beyond the obvious hitting/physical tools, he looked to be engaged and enthusiastic. I don't know if it's been a pattern that he plays energetically only for short spells, but I was very encouraged by what he brought to the field.

I also like what I see from Arias. I know his numbers are down, but he's got a lashing bat. Like with Yorman, maybe all that's required with him is patience. I think he'll hit if given time to develop.

double post
    Last edited by lollipopcurve; 06-23-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Also of note, Billy Hamilton left the game in the 5th inning with an apparent right leg injury. Check the Bakersfield Blaze twitter feed or tomorrow's broadcast for more info on Hamilton and the team.
    http://http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120623&content_id=33789238&vkey= news_t423&fext=.jsp&sid=t423

Hopefully it's nothing serious. If any player needs healthy legs to be successful, it's him.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    http://redsminorleagues.com/2012/06/...-10-prospects/

Reds Mid-Season Top 10 prospects

2. Billy Hamilton – SS – A+ Bakersfield

You guys are probably right though, I think he is terrible. So terrible that I have him ranked 2nd in the Reds system and inside the Top 100 in all of baseball.
    Looking at this top ten shows how down our sytem is right now. Four if the top eight players had not played a minor league game as of a week ago!

Turn Off Ads?