Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Game of Thrones epicness

Re: Game of Thrones epicness

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    You're already ahead of the Targaryens of old.
    I'm not inbred and crazy so yes

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    Its still hard to believe that Jon Snow is supposed to be 14 years old...
    I know, that is odd, isn't it? Seems to me that age just works differently for people in this world -- like their physical age and appearance is far ahead of their supposed chronological one. Not sure what GRR's view of this is in the books, but I always just sort of think about it like the characters age faster because they live in such a stressful, intense world that demands they be men and women sooner. What do you think?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I know, that is odd, isn't it? Seems to me that age just works differently for people in this world -- like their physical age and appearance is far ahead of their supposed chronological one. Not sure what GRR's view of this is in the books, but I always just sort of think about it like the characters age faster because they live in such a stressful, intense world that demands they be men and women sooner. What do you think?
    That's how I take it. GRRM's world is a brutal one where people grow up quickly.

GRRM draws a lot of inspiration from our own history. People acted as adults at a much younger age 1000 years ago on Earth, especially with women bearing children.

6. Likes:

reds1869 (06-17-2013)

Reading this makes me think it's more and more likely that we see a prequel series about Robert's Rebellion at some point. Of course, it probably wouldn't be any relief on the budget, but a whole extra year is valuable time when they're making it sound like GoT is a 7 season enterprise.

While the events in season 4 look to be set in stone, season 5 will have to work overtime to cram so many characters and events in while making sense. At this point, I predict that half of the storylines in season 5/6 are going to be invented by the writers, and that we see a total of 8 seasons with a prequel as well.

So, the Purple Wedding was kind of interesting, no?????
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

9. Likes:

Raisor (04-17-2014),RedTeamGo! (04-15-2014),westofyou (04-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Reading this makes me think it's more and more likely that we see a prequel series about Robert's Rebellion at some point. Of course, it probably wouldn't be any relief on the budget, but a whole extra year is valuable time when they're making it sound like GoT is a 7 season enterprise.

While the events in season 4 look to be set in stone, season 5 will have to work overtime to cram so many characters and events in while making sense. At this point, I predict that half of the storylines in season 5/6 are going to be invented by the writers, and that we see a total of 8 seasons with a prequel as well.
    It is impossible for there to be 7 seasons.

As of right now in season 4 they are halfway through book 3. Season 5 will be book 4. Season 6 MAY be all of abook 5, as it is a huge book, wouldn't be surprised if it split up between seasons 6 and 7. Season 7 will either be 2nd half of book 5 or book 6. Season 8 will either be book 6 or 7. There will be a minimum of 8 seasons and most likely 9 or even 10.

The only way this doesn't happen is if the show drastically changes the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    So, the Purple Wedding was kind of interesting, no?????
    It was difficult to see someone that stupid in power for so long, so it was nice to see him go.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

The only way this doesn't happen is if the show drastically changes the storyline.
    They are going to combine books 4 and 5 and nothing of importance will be lost. Not much of importance really happens in book 6 either, honestly. 4-6 can probably be 2 seasons, and then a season to wrap it up.

I have read the actors are only under contract for 7 seasons. If true, the cost of the show will skyrocket from that point on because any integral actor can just threaten to quit if they don't pay them. The show wouldn't be half as good with someone else as Tyrion, for example, how much could he hold out for?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

How did you get a hold of book 6?

There are only 5 books out last I checked.

Whoops. It feels it's been 6 after the last two.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I agree about Feast for Crows, but I enjoyed Dance With Dragons. The Jon Snow storyline was interesting, and the ending was shocking.

16. Likes:

marcshoe (04-15-2014),Raisor (04-17-2014)

Turn Off Ads?