Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

Re: Zack Greineke broke his collarbone

One of fantasy teams has Kemp Greinke and Quentin. Why can't teammates get along?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    So who broke what unwritten rule?
    Pretty weak excuse to charge the mound. But Greinke always seemed really smarmy to me anyway so maybe I'll just chalk it up to that.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

While it is unfortunate Greinke got hurt, and typically I would be in the boat of if a player hurts another player due to doing something illegal he should sit out until that players return (such as a dirty intentional foul in basketball that hurts the other player), Greinke didn't attempt to protect himself, instead he lowered his shoulder into a charging bull. Chalk this one up to Greinke himself for the most part. Quentin should get the usual suspension for his act of charging the mound.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    His career wasn't already over. Yeah he sucked, but Cueto literally ended his career. He never played again because Cueto dome rocked him with spikes.
    Cueto gave him a concussion. The 7th or whatever number it was concussion Cueto gave him had just as much of a part in ending his career as the previous 6. He didn't go from completely healthy to career ended due to that brawl.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

If I was on the Dodgers pitching staff I already would know what I am going to do the next time Quentin comes to bat when I am pitching. I might even recommend to Mattingly that he have someone warming up in the bullpen because Quentin will probably be the last batter I face in that game.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

For a Level Playing Field

Greinke needs to learn the "side step". If he were a bull fighter, he'd be gored.

The bseball brawl? The dumbest thing in baseball and maybe all sports.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

ESPN is saying it's the third time he has been plunked by Greinke... so maybe there is a history there!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Who's Zack Greineke?

Greinke is making $21 million this year from the Dodgers. Of course, he will still get paid even though injured. It's the Dodgers team that takes the financial hit.

Is there ever a point where the Dodgers go after Quentin or the Padres legally?
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    If I was on the Dodgers pitching staff I already would know what I am going to do the next time Quentin comes to bat when I am pitching. I might even recommend to Mattingly that he have someone warming up in the bullpen because Quentin will probably be the last batter I face in that game.

and then you get suspended, and hurt the team..

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

That looks on Greinke to me.

That pitch wasn't close, looks like he ran his mouth, and then he lowered his shoulder to defend himself against a 240 pound man running at him.

Quentin's been hit 120 times and never done anything. That pitch was up and in, he took a step and it appears Greinke said something.

With the history, he probably should have kept his mouth shut.

But really, he lowered his shoulder. Dumb.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Yeah, I hope it's Kershaw who plunks him and gets suspended.

That would be brilliant! Not.

Someone needs to put some blame on AJ Ellis.

Baseball brawls = football players throwing punches with helmets on.

Every one looks like an idiot!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Someone needs to put some blame on AJ Ellis.
    I was thining we should blame Bob Boone.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?