Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kansas City Chiefs - are they real?

Re: Kansas City Chiefs - are they real?

Romo: "Peters makes Deion Sanders look good at tackling."

I love Romo.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

RedlegJake (11-08-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Forget I ever asked the lead question......
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-05-2017),Chip R (12-05-2017),cumberlandreds (12-05-2017),Redsfaithful (12-05-2017),Tom Servo (12-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Forget I ever asked the lead question......
    I was hoping for a Chiefs/Lions Super Bowl. One team had never been there and the other a long time. But it looks like another year they won't be in the playoffs let alone the Super Bowl.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I don't follow the Chiefs....but what the hell happened? 5-0 to 6-6.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I don't follow the Chiefs....but what the hell happened? 5-0 to 6-6.
    Andy Reid happened.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Andy Reid happened.
    Elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Elaborate?
    He's a good coach but his teams seem to have a propensity for fading down the stretch. Also, the offense had stalled under his play calling until he ceded those duties to Matt Nagy this past week. I hope they turn it around; the Chiefs have a lot of fun players to watch.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

He's a good coach but his teams seem to have a propensity for fading down the stretch. Also, the offense had stalled under his play calling until he ceded those duties to Matt Nagy this past week. I hope they turn it around; the Chiefs have a lot of fun players to watch.
    Understood and thanks for your take.

He's a good coach but his teams seem to have a propensity for fading down the stretch.
    I'd say you're right on .... they've lost four in a row, and six of their last seven.

Somebody jinxed them
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Why can't he save that incredible jinx power to use against the Steelers and Ravens?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Season and playoff hopes on the line tomorrow nite against the Chargers. Hopefully the team plays like they did this past Sunday. The Chargers are on fire, but Rivers seems to always finds a way to lose @ Arrowhead. Hope that trend continues. Been a fan of the Chiefs' since the '69 season, and was a season ticket holder during some of their worst times (2005-2010). Go Chiefs.

That was not a pretty game yesterday, allowing the Titans to come back from 18 down and squeak out the win. I think QB Alex Smith will be looking for a job at some point.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    That was not a pretty game yesterday, allowing the Titans to come back from 18 down and squeak out the win. I think QB Alex Smith will be looking for a job at some point.
    It was much Marvin-esque, which is interesting since Andy Reid is considered one of the better coaches in the league. This is typical of what we've come to expect around here. Poor second half, lack of adjustments, laying an egg in the post season. That game was KC's to win. One difference was that after the game Reid said that changes in personnel and the coaching staff have to happen because "we're not good enough". Here in Cincinnati we'd get no such promises.

RedlegJake...this one is on you
    Go Gators!

The Pat Mahomes era begins. Kansas City can finally start using Wide Receivers again for the first time since Alex Smith started taking snaps for them. They add another elite Defender in Fuller, last year's #5 CB per PFF in just his 2nd season, while also getting a 3rd Round pick. That's quite a haul for a Quarterback who refused his entire career to toss the ball more than three yards past the LOS, until he saw the writing on the wall when Mahomes showed how easy it is for him to do it using the same personnel with 1/10th the practice time. But, Smith could only stick with it for six games and reverted back to his normal self, ensuring he would soon be gone once the season was over. He goes to the team with the league's #1 pass-catching RB in Chris Thompson, who is better than Bell in that area. TE's also tend to be Washington's best weapons (Reed & Davis) every year, so this Offense fits right in with Smith. DeSean Jackson isn't compatible with Smith. Don't see how Smith will help Doctson, but Crowder's short route-tree blends perfectly with him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?