Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Yeah, would be nice if Noah came back. I think Crean is definately on the hot seat, but is safe thru this year and possibly next.
    Crean has a 10 year contract and is not going anywhere unless he gets caught cheating or Mark Cuban and Johnny Cougar buys out his contract.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Crean has a 10 year contract and is not going anywhere unless he gets caught cheating or Mark Cuban and Johnny Cougar buys out his contract.
    I don't know about all that.

Doesn't Crean have like an 8 million dollar buyout?

Yeah, he's not going anywhere.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Doesn't Crean have like an 8 million dollar buyout?

Yeah, he's not going anywhere.
    Supposedly, it drops to one or two million after next season.

Nevertheless, I doubt that anything will happen unless Vonleh, by some miracle, spurns the NBA and returns next season to team with the shooters and the team majorly underachieves next season.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I thought they were in the A-10 last year?
    i was addressing those whose memory spans went back further than 12 months.

I cannot imagine Indiana is going to allow a buyout to force them to keep a guy they no longer want as a basketball coach. I have to think the minute IU decides Crean isn't the guy, he's gone.

He'd be perfect at DePaul. They, on the other hand, ARE likely to keep Purnell around for one more year to avoid paying a buyout, so the timing could work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I cannot imagine Indiana is going to allow a buyout to force them to keep a guy they no longer want as a basketball coach. I have to think the minute IU decides Crean isn't the guy, he's gone.

He'd be perfect at DePaul. They, on the other hand, ARE likely to keep Purnell around for one more year to avoid paying a buyout, so the timing could work out.
    Not to sidetrack things, but that's an interesting scenario. I have to admit that I expected more from Purnell, but it is what is. That stated, whomever ultimately winds up at DePaul will benefit immensely from the new arena that is planned/under construction.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

That may be true, but then you run into potential pitfalls if a buyout is needed to hire a quality coach away from another school.

Case in point, in '06, IU had two buyouts already -- Davis and DiNardo -- and couldn't afford the buyout for their first choice. Otherwise, John Beilien would have been coach at IU.

Vonleh is going to end up going Top 5.

He's gone

Goodman has him going 6 right now, and he's better than Randle is:

Goodman: 2014 NBA mock draft 1.0
    Kansas boasts two top-3 picks; Marcus Smart a late lottery selection
    Updated: February 12, 2014, 11:53 AM ET
    By Jeff Goodman | ESPN Insider
    EMAIL
    PRINT
    NBA Mock Draft

Jeff Goodman discusses his first NBA mock draft and how far Marcus Smart has dropped.
    Tags: Joel Embiid, Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, Kansas Jayhawks, Oklahoma State Cowboys
    NEXT VIDEO video
    Marcus Smart Addresses Media

Andrew Wiggins was the front-runner entering the season, but I cautioned people that there was a good chance he wouldn't end up going No. 1 come June.

Wiggins is still in the mix for the top spot, but after talking to numerous NBA executives and general managers, it's his teammate -- skilled 7-footer Joel Embiid -- who has surged to the front. In fact, Wiggins could slide all the way down to No. 3.

Most NBA folks agreed that the top five -- at this point in time -- is fairly solid. However, it gets complicated after that group, as there's a significant drop-off. This draft is loaded with quality wings, and eight of the top nine guys are freshmen, with the lone exception hailing from Australia.

Remember, this isn't a mock draft based on what I would do. It's based on information gathered from NBA executives, college coaches and other industry sources. The draft order is based off of Chad Ford's NBA 2014 Lottery Mock Draft tool and reverse standings as of Sunday, Feb. 9.

Freshman Tracker | Chad Ford Big Board 7.0

1. Joel Embiid | C | Milwaukee Bucks
    College: Kansas | Age: 19 | 7-0, 250
    Bucks GM John Hammond will choose the player he thinks has the best chance of being a star. Right now it's a three-man race, but sources indicate Hammond loves the skill, size and rapid progression of Embiid. The Cameroon native is new to the game and has tremendous upside. Embiid can help the Bucks on both ends of the court, and while he recently told ESPN.com he might return to school, most feel that he'll be in June's draft.

2. Jabari Parker | SF | Philadelphia 76ers
    College: Duke | Age: 18 | 6-8, 241
    New GM Sam Hinkie already has a talented young point guard in Michael Carter-Williams, and they drafted a defensive presence in Nerlens Noel -- so their biggest need is a big-time scoring wing. This won't be an easy call between Parker and Wiggins, but the Sixers need someone who can be a reliable scorer and Parker is more suited to help right away.

3. Andrew Wiggins | SG | Orlando Magic
    College: Kansas | Age: 18 | 6-8, 200
    General manager Rob Hennigan selected Victor Oladipo in the same spot a year ago, and he could add another freak athlete to the team in Wiggins. The Magic just need to accumulate talent, and Wiggins has as much as just about anyone in this draft.

4. Julius Randle | PF | Sacramento Kings
    College: Kentucky | Age: 19 | 6-9, 225
    The Kings could pair DeMarcus Cousins and Randle -- a pair of ex-Kentucky Wildcats -- together on the front line. Randle would alleviate pressure from Cousins because of Randle's ability to rebound at a high level. Randle's also capable of stepping out on the perimeter, which would allow the two to play together.

5. Dante Exum | G | Utah Jazz
    The Jazz have a terrific young point guard in Trey Burke, and a couple of bigs in Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter. Utah could use a combo guard with size and athleticism. While Exum is a risk because of his relatively low exposure, he could pay off in long run and the Jazz might be getting a star.

6. Noah Vonleh | PF | Boston Celtics
    College: Indiana | Age: 18 | 6-10, 240
    Celtics boss Danny Ainge will take the player he feels has the best chance of becoming a star in the league, and that's Vonleh. He's a local kid who still is figuring out where to score, but he's a versatile forward who is coachable and just scratching the surface of his immense talent.

I found this, this morning........

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...diana/5463621/

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    i was addressing those whose memory spans went back further than 12 months.
    LOL.........trust me, I remember when Butler played in the MCC.

Did you guys hear that Hanner Perea was arrested for DUI?

From bad to worse.

Or maybe if Stevens was still there they'd still be winning. They had a pretty solid team last year.
    I don't think that's likely. They lost a lot of talent either through graduation or injury. The Roosevelt Jones injury is really what crushed their season.

To answer Muta's point though, I don't think the Big East is really that much of a step up from last year's A-10. What it does have that the A-10 didn't is a much better bottom of the conference. Seton Hall and Depaul shouldn't really put fear into any team that truly fancies itself tournament quality. But they're certainly better than the dregs of the A-10 or 50% of the Horizon league.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

From bad to worse.
    Yeah, Tom Crean's had better weeks I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

From bad to worse.

Turn Off Ads?