Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 8/8- Reds @ Cubs, "The Super Sunday Special" "Going for the sweep"

Re: 8/8- Reds @ Cubs, "The Super Sunday Special" "Going for the sweep"

5-3
    3 out
    Bottom of 8th over
    Janish up

10-4, Reds

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Absurd. Absolutely absurd. At what point should he have been pulled? You brought this up when Soriano hit one to the Ivy. At that point he had faced 5 batters in the inning. How many pitches should they limit him to in that position? Anything over 10 and he's out? What should his pitch count have been?
    Actually I first mentioned in in post 321 of this thread before Soriano got to the plate.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I want Rolen back at 3rd base. I got used to not having to hold my breath on every throw to first, and I like it. Francisco has me spooked. I thought we traded Edwin...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Dude, you are AWESOME!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I'm aware of that, but coming straight from AAA to MLB, I'd like to see him get his feet wet against other teams before he tackles the Cardinals. It might be a disaster.
    He's not a rookie, and he has done pretty okay against the Cardinals before.

He pitched seven innings of shutout ball with 9 Ks and 0 BBs in his last AAA rehab start.

I wouldn't mind that from the team if they went that route. I love what Leake has given the team this year (and when they needed it badly too, with EV out to start the year), but I fear Leake is at the wear-down point. I really don't like the match-up between him and that Cards line-up...

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Looks like I might've JUST missed my pregame call of 10-2. Darn. :O)

Really nice to see Bruce get back on track. I love the day by Gomes. Janish continues to hit. And Wood was just filthy until the wheels came off at the end. Fun day.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Last year when we were discussing it about Bailey people said the same thing.
    Do you have a doctor's report that states that Bailey's injury was from pitching too many innings last year? Or is EVERY injury due to overuse in some sort of way?

I suppose Cabrera's injury is from too many ABs this year, aka swinging too many times?
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

1 out
    Stubbs up, PHing

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

4-3
    2 out
    Heisey up

Please no 6 run lead going into the 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Do you have a doctor's report that states that Bailey's injury was from pitching too many innings last year? Or is EVERY injury due to overuse in some sort of way?

I suppose Cabrera's injury is from too many ABs this year, aka swinging too many times?
    Believe what you want, but these young arms are the window of opportunity for this team over the next several years. I'd err on the side of caution even if there is no conclusive evidence.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Believe what you want, but these young arms are the window of opportunity for this team over the next several years. I'd err on the side of caution even if there is no conclusive evidence.

Amen.

And they're also the window of opportunity this year as well. Unless you go with a Arroyo-Harang-Volquez rotation in the playoffs.

We'll agree to disagree.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

HBP
    Runner on 1st
    2 out
    Cairo up

Yes! 7 run lead!

Turn Off Ads?