Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Dish Network

Stupid Dish Network

Well I woke up this morning to an FSN Ohio channel that was not there because of a carriage dispute between FSN Ohio and Dish. I'm so frikin sick of Dish Network. First they don't give me MLB Network. Then they take FSN Ohio away. They suck. I wish I would have never gotten Dish and am switching to Directv very soon. Meanwhile I will probably have to miss the last 3 games of the season and all the postgame on FSN Ohio. Makes me furious!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Stupid Dish Network

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Well I woke up this morning to an FSN Ohio channel that was not there because of a carriage dispute between FSN Ohio and Dish. I'm so frikin sick of Dish Network. First they don't give me MLB Network. Then they take FSN Ohio away. They suck. I wish I would have never gotten Dish and am switching to Directv very soon. Meanwhile I will probably have to miss the last 3 games of the season and all the postgame on FSN Ohio. Makes me furious!!!
    I emailed the ceo and told him if they do not have it back soon I will switch to dirct tv, I know that one customer does not matter much but I had to do it anyway.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Call their "loyalty team." Such a thing actually does exist, and they take good care of customers.

The lack of an NFL package hurts Dish but, overall, it is a much better product than Direct TV.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Call their "loyalty team." Such a thing actually does exist, and they take good care of customers.

The lack of an NFL package hurts Dish but, overall, it is a much better product than Direct TV.

I had Direct TV before and hated it, I prefer Dish but If I can not watch Reds baseball I might as well go back to cable.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

I've had DirecTV since I moved to Michigan in 2002 and have had a very positive experience. Their customer service is outstanding and I've always been pleased with the product. They are willing to offer promotions and discounts to loyal subscribers to help with monthly costs, as well.

SHAMELESS PLUG: If any of you disgruntled Dish Network folks want to switch to DirecTV, use me as a reference and DirecTV will give each of us $100.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    As far as baseball is concerned, you can't beat DirectTV.

If there was a ton of games left i would be livid, but with 3 and those 3 having no meaning I can live with it. What bothers me is you can't get out of dish network unless you pay a hefty fine and getting direct TV requires a $200 up front deposit in our area and cable is just way to much.

Wow that sucks. I know my family back in Cincinnati will not be happy at all. They have been pondering whether to switch away from Dish, and I think this will be the straw that does it. First now having MLB now not having FSN!

FSN picked a bad time to ask for more money. There's only 3 games left and they'll almost certainly get a deal done before next season starts.

If FSN pulls this 2 months ago I'm definitely switching, now I think I'll wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    FSN picked a bad time to ask for more money. There's only 3 games left and they'll almost certainly get a deal done before next season starts.

If FSN pulls this 2 months ago I'm definitely switching, now I think I'll wait it out.
    This. Exactly. What is the nature of the dispute?

Does this mean that the game won't be on the sports alternates?

I switched to cable from Dish a few months ago. The deal I got was way cheaper for way more channels and I don't have to worry about my dish losing connection whenever it got cloudy out (yes, it didn't even have to rain and I would lose connection). I do miss the Dish DVR though, it is light years better than the cable DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Does this mean that the game won't be on the sports alternates?
    yup

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    This. Exactly. What is the nature of the dispute?
    I just talked to a Dish Rep and they said that Fox Sports demanded a 50% rate increase and has opted to removed their programming during the increase dispute. That is a pretty hefty rate increase

Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    I just talked to a Dish Rep and they said that Fox Sports demanded a 50% rate increase and has opted to removed their programming during the increase dispute. That is a pretty hefty rate increase
    Is that the truth? I have a hard time believing things that giant faceless corporations say to the ham and eggers. I just know that if this is not fixed soon I will be switching to either Dirct Tv or cable.

Turn Off Ads?