Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: EURO 2012

Re: EURO 2012

Geez, serious Italian theatrics already. I just can't root for them regardless of who they're playing, maybe even Mexic.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I was impressed with the Danes. The Dutch were very sloppy in their attacks, especially finishing. They wasted several great scoring opportunities just by sloppy touches.

I'm curious how they go about putting the groups together. Having Germany, Holland, and Portugal in the same group doesn't make sense to me.
    They put all the teams into four "pots" based on their rankings. The host nations are also put in the first pot followed along with the highest ranked teams. After that it's a random draw.

How did Cassano not get carded for that foul against the goalie?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

England does not have a shot this time around. One of the teams that looks like they are greatly improved so far is Russia.

I'd love to hear Balotelli explain what was going through his head when he had a one on one and leisurely waited for the defender to come take the ball.

Soccer is pretty much impossible to officiate. This guy did a good job in the first half but has been pretty bad in the second. That card to Torres was as bad as any I've seen. He didn't do anything.

Spain have a real problem if they can't find an actual striker. The Italians looked good, especially when Balotelli came off the pitch. Di Natale is great.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Soccer is pretty much impossible to officiate. This guy did a good job in the first half but has been pretty bad in the second. That card to Torres was as bad as any I've seen. He didn't do anything.
    The Balotelli card was awful too. He gets half of his cards on reputation and sheer size alone. He got the ball and barely got the defender. If Balotelli fouls someone, it is obvious.

But, I agree that they pretty much negated a potential divefest in the first half, except for the one Italian dive early in the game just outside the Spanish penalty area. But, the second half looked more like a game between Mediterranean powers played with random sniper shots from the crowd. I do believe that Iniesta blows out two ACL's and his left Achilles in every game.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    The Balotelli card was awful too. He gets half of his cards on reputation and sheer size alone. He got the ball and barely got the defender. If Balotelli fouls someone, it is obvious.

But, I agree that they pretty much negated a potential divefest in the first half, except for the one Italian dive early in the game just outside the Spanish penalty area. But, the second half looked more like a game between Mediterranean powers played with random sniper shots from the crowd. I do believe that Iniesta blows out two ACL's and his left Achilles in every game.
    I think Balotelli's card was for accumulation of minor stuff. I think the ref had warned him after he was pounding his fist in the ground that he wasn't going to put up with Balotelli's antics. I had to miss the second half. I'm glad I did.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I don't know about you folks, but I can't stand listening to Lexi Lalas. Can't ESPN find anyone else?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I don't know about you folks, but I can't stand listening to Lexi Lalas. Can't ESPN find anyone else?
    I agree. Lalas is a tool.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I cant believe ESPN put that GD traitor Giuseppe Rossi on their coverage. They have to know all Americans hate his guts

I don't understand the hate for Rossi. His parents are Italian he moved there when he was 12. He lives in Europe and plays there. Why would he want to travel over here every time they played. And how many guys as good as him who live in Europe wouldn't rather play for Italy than the US. The US has a big international event every 4 years, Italy has one every other year. It's a more desirable situation and he lived there for much of his life.

I don't understand the hate for Rossi. His parents are Italian he moved there when he was 12. He lives in Europe and plays there. Why would he want to travel over here every time they played. And how many guys as good as him who live in Europe wouldn't rather play for Italy than the US. The US has a big international event every 4 years, Italy has one every other year. It's a more desirable situation and he lived there for much of his life.
    I thought he lived in the US through high school and played for the Clifton, NJ High School team (which I think his dad coached, but I could be mistaken). Then he was signed by Parma's youth squad and moved overseas.

I wish he chose to play with the US, but this certainly isn't unprecedented. It's not like he moved through the ranks of US Soccer and then bailed. I don't think he ever had any intention of playing for the US. On the other hand, I believe the US has a player who was born in Mexico.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I agree. Lalas is a tool.
    Lalas has really gotten pompous. He doesn't seem to enjoy commentating very much, and comes across extremely negative.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?