Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Well folks, Bob Knight said "Kentucky" 5 times this morning on Mike and Mike. Question is now, did he do this on his own "or" did ESPN tell him to shape up......
    You have to think ESPN directed him to get over it already. He can hate them all he wants, but he adds fuel to the fire by purposely ignoring them. If he just says the name when discussing the topic, it all goes away.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    You have to think ESPN directed him to get over it already. He can hate them all he wants, but he adds fuel to the fire by purposely ignoring them. If he just says the name when discussing the topic, it all goes away.
    Yeah and I think he gave it away today by saying it 5 times when before he didnt even list Davis for POY candidate.

Well folks, Bob Knight said "Kentucky" 5 times this morning on Mike and Mike. Question is now, did he do this on his own "or" did ESPN tell him to shape up......
    According to Matt Jones, ESPN told him to "cut the crap".
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    According to Matt Jones, ESPN told him to "cut the crap".
    Did he say Indiana?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Did he say Indiana?

Why yes he did.

NL Central champs

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is going pro. link

Is anyone surprised by this?

part of BBN

I felt if anyone might come back due to enjoying college basketball life, it might be MKG. Although I thought when reports came out the other day that MKG said he planned on staying all 4 years was totally ridiculous. A sophmore season ? Maybe. All 4 ? No way.
    I may be in the minority here but till he developes a jumpshot, I just dont see MKG making an immediate impact as a pro. If you charted his "made" FG's this season, I would guess 80 % is within the 10 ft range and that is by putbacks ,fastbreak points etc. It is hard to see him doing that in the NBA.
    I am a big fan of MKG and he may surprise me in the NBA but he just seems like this season, an exceptional college player who still lacks a good consistent jumper which he would need at the next level.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I may be in the minority here but till he developes a jumpshot, I just dont see MKG making an immediate impact as a pro. If you charted his "made" FG's this season, I would guess 80 % is within the 10 ft range and that is by putbacks ,fastbreak points etc. It is hard to see him doing that in the NBA. I am a big fan of MKG and he may surprise me in the NBA but he just seems like this season, an exceptional college player who still lacks a good consistent jumper which he would need at the next level.
    It's not just you. I love his all-around game and his court smarts, but physically, he's just another guy at that level. He'll need to develop his outside shot. On the other hand, his ability to D up and pass the ball gives him a chance to stick around a long time even if he never becomes a top scorer. Nothing wrong with having Shane Battier's career if that's how it ends up.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    It's not just you. I love his all-around game and his court smarts, but physically, he's just another guy at that level. He'll need to develop his outside shot. On the other hand, his ability to D up and pass the ball gives him a chance to stick around a long time even if he never becomes a top scorer. Nothing wrong with having Shane Battier's career if that's how it ends up.
    If MKG does come back, it will be for those reasons, similar to Harrison Barnes returning to UNC.

Still, if your stock is high, take the plunge and go pro. College football is all about development at the college level. The NBA will develop you how THEY want you to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Last year Kyrie Irving and now Austin Rivers......will Vitale and friends start calling Coach K a "One and Done" recruiter ?

Last year Kyrie Irving and now Austin Rivers......will Vitale and friends start calling Coach K a "One and Done" recruiter ?
    Duke's one and dones leave early "the right way."

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Coach K is an arrogent, smug, A-hole. I hope he is discovered as a phony and a fraud by the national media.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Coach K is an arrogent, smug, A-hole. I hope he is discovered as a phony and a fraud by the national media.
    Except he's not.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

A man who portrays himself as a mild mannered, God-fearing, buttoned up role model and then turns into a foul-mouthed bully on the sidelines fits my definition of phony. I can't prove that he is an arrogent, smug A-hole, but he seems like one to me.

I do believe he doesn't cheat (I don't for a minute believe that none of Duke's boosters have).
    What if this is as good as it gets?

I heard Rivers wanted to leave while his draft stock was still moderate Lehigh.

Turn Off Ads?