Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds Acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Re: Per MLB traderumors. Shin-Shoo Choo completed

So...does that make Cozart the next RedsZone whipping boy?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Report on MLBTradeRumors says the Indians sent 3.5 Mil to Reds to help pay Choo!
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Vottobot

Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    Report on MLBTradeRumors says the Indians sent 3.5 Mil to Reds to help pay Choo!
    Liking this deal more and more. Will be nice not to have to watch Drew Stubbs bat 4 times a day for 6 months
    Go Redlegs!!

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    So...does that make Cozart the next RedsZone whipping boy?
    Ill take cozart in the 7/8 hole all day

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Is anyone else surprised that Arizona gave up Trevor Bauer?
    Slightly surprising they gave up Bauer, but from Az point of view, they have lots of young top level talent in their organization and Bauer just seemed to be the odd man out. Not all young pitchers were going to play for D-backs and they used their assets to fill other positions. Plus, Arizona just signed B. Mccarthy to a deal today who can fill out their rotation as a more proven starter. I think it works out for all teams involved and that Didi could be the long term answer for the D-backs at SS.
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs Homer View Post
    Choo is definitely a step up over Stubbs. Choo is projected to have a higher OPS by about .100 next year. That will be huge as leadoff. Good deal, Walt.
    How many less K's is Choo predicted to have?
    Check Out My Blog at roundinthirdandheadedforhome.mlblogs.com

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    Ill take cozart in the 7/8 hole all day
    Except he plays shortstop and must bat 2nd.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by nheath22 View Post
    Slightly surprising they gave up Bauer, but from Az point of view, they have lots of young top level talent in their organization and Bauer just seemed to be the odd man out. Not all young pitchers were going to play for D-backs and they used their assets to fill other positions. Plus, Arizona just signed B. Mccarthy to a deal today who can fill out their rotation as a more proven starter. I think it works out for all teams involved and that Didi could be the long term answer for the D-backs at SS.
    And Bauer wasn't liked by his peers or then FO.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Re: Reds Acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Absolutely love this trade for the Reds. Shin Soo Choo is exactly what this offense needs. Great move by Walt. Does anyone know much about Jason Donald? Guessing he will be our backup shortstop. How is he defensively? I know Donald won't hit much but solid defense is necessary and he'll get his share of playing time (we all know how much Dusty played Valdez).

Choo could never actually play a game for the Reds and I'll still be happy with this trade.

So happy.

Re: Reds Acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Choo could never actually play a game for the Reds and I'll still be happy with this trade.

So happy.
    ouch ---

I miss Raisor

Like the trade alot, is it opening day yet??? Choo is gonna rake in GABP

Crazy to think the shift in OBP at top this will have. If choo produces .373 OBP again that would be 30 points higher than what the top team in NL got out of leadoff spot last year. Reds dead last at .254. Go from last to first quickly. Love the move

If you don't like this trade...then you a re a communist. Hail Sputnik!!

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    Crazy to think the shift in OBP at top this will have. If choo produces .373 OBP again that would be 30 points higher than what the top team in NL got out of leadoff spot last year. Reds dead last at .254. Go from last to first quickly. Love the move
    yes --- I've been drinking since I heard the rumors so my math should be suspect - but I'm thinking this could give Votto something like 50 more runners on base to drive in this year!

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?