Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2009-2010 College Football Thread

Your 2009-2010 College Football Thread

I present power rankings by ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/powerr...on=2009&week=0

Nobody from the Big East making it. Rutgers did get 25 votes.

As much as everybody is picking Florida this year, and rightfully so, I am going with Alabama to win it all. Just a gut feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your 2009-2010 College Football Thread

Bama has a new QB, doubt that happens.

I think one of these 5 teams have a chance. OU, Texas, Florida, USC and OSU. The only reason I threw OSU into the bunch is because of Pryor.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Alright, RZers, I really, really want to get into college football this year. I have always held out due to the ridiculous post-season. (I'm in favor of a tournament playoff.) But, I've decided that I am being too productive on Saturdays, and feel that college football can go a long way to solving that problem.

So, now the question becomes which college to root for. There are a few options I am considering, but definitely can be swayed.

Right now I am leaning toward Cincinnati, being the local team and all. I like what BK has done for the program, but I wonder if U.C. can ever really compete with the big boys.

There is also Ohio State. Somewhat local, good program, big reputation despite having trouble winning the big games lately.

Or do I pick another school? Go SEC? Look for an underdog to root for? A storied tradition? Help!

I bought UC season tickets a few years back. I have been a huge fan ever since. The games are so much fun to go to. I think you can still buy season tickets. They are pretty cheap too. You may want to look into that.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Bama has a new QB, doubt that happens.

I think one of these 5 teams have a chance. OU, Texas, Florida, USC and OSU. The only reason I threw OSU into the bunch is because of Pryor.
    Pryor would have to actually throw better than Lamar Latrell for them to even think about having a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Pryor would have to actually throw better than Lamar Latrell for them to even think about having a chance.
    This Lamar Latrell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCWz9U0MtoI

Secret Pryor training video?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Alright, RZers, I really, really want to get into college football this year. I have always held out due to the ridiculous post-season. (I'm in favor of a tournament playoff.) But, I've decided that I am being too productive on Saturdays, and feel that college football can go a long way to solving that problem.

So, now the question becomes which college to root for. There are a few options I am considering, but definitely can be swayed.
    Here's my suggestion: Road trip.

If you're in Cincinnati, you're well within striking distance of many of the biggies: Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Penn State, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia are but a few of the road trips that might be fun and relatively easy to coordinate. Or think about where you have friends/family and keep an eye on sale fares. A cheap ticket to Atlanta or Charlotte could get you to see Georgia or Clemson. Auburn isn't that far from Atlanta, either. Lots of good ball in Florida. Mississippi is just down the road from Memphis, and the tailgating is supposed to be unreal (with a special emphasis on the "tail" portion of tailgating. )

There are plenty of other experiences that would be outstanding. I'd love to see a Navy home game. Wouldn't mind seeing the Texas A&M 12th man at some point, either. A game at Washington on the sound would be killer. The Florida A&M band would be worth the price of admission alone.

Few things in life are as enjoyable as spending a Saturday afternoon in September or October at a college football game. Rather than worrying about identifying a team to root for on the front end, I say get out there to some games and let the specific allegiance evolve over time.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post

If you're in Cincinnati, you're well within striking distance of many of the biggies: Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Penn State, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia are but a few of the road trips that might be fun and relatively easy to coordinate. Or think about where you have friends/family and keep an eye on sale fares. A cheap ticket to Atlanta or Charlotte could get you to see Georgia or Clemson. Auburn isn't that far from Atlanta, either. Lots of good ball in Florida. Mississippi is just down the road from Memphis, and the tailgating is supposed to be unreal (with a special emphasis on the "tail" portion of tailgating. )

There are plenty of other experiences that would be outstanding. I'd love to see a Navy home game. Wouldn't mind seeing the Texas A&M 12th man at some point, either. A game at Washington on the sound would be killer. The Florida A&M band would be worth the price of admission alone.

Few things in life are as enjoyable as spending a Saturday afternoon in September or October at a college football game. Rather than worrying about identifying a team to root for on the front end, I say get out there to some games and let the specific allegiance evolve over time.

Oxford, Mississippi is the best place on earth to tailgate and it's not really even close.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Absolutely. Pryor is that just freak of nature athlete that comes around every so often. I have heard reports that his throwing motion is coming around but that still needs to be seen.

IMO he has the game changing ability that Vince Young and Michael Vick had in college. They could single handily lift their team to victory.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Second.

There's not much I enjoy more than a college football Saturday in front of the TV with a bunch of good games to flip between, but games in person are even better, and they're fun even if you don't have a dog in the fight.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

IMO he has the game changing ability that Vince Young and Michael Vick had in college. They could single handily lift their team to victory.
    I couldn't agree more.

I think he will have a great year.Ohio State will need it because while they do reload every year they have lost a ton of weapons on the offensive side of the ball.Lots of unproven guys will be out there in the huddle looking for their sophomore QB to lead them.Tressel will have his work cut out but the Buckeyes should be fine this year.

My question is...

Will the Florida Gators cover the 73 point spread in their opening game vs. Charleston Southern. It is so tempting to take the points on this one.

What's the over/under??? 73

There has to be a giveaway bet there somewhere.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Eric, go with Cincinnati. They're the hometown team and it's fun having some pride in your hometown team. The games are fun and have a great atmosphere. BK is doing great things with the program, and there's just a lot of excitement around UC football right now. I'm sure you won't regret it if you go with the hometown team. Please don't jump on the bandwagon of the big time programs that get pumped by the media all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post

Right now I am leaning toward Cincinnati, being the local team and all. I like what BK has done for the program, but I wonder if U.C. can ever really compete with the big boys.

There is also Ohio State. Somewhat local, good program, big reputation despite having trouble winning the big games lately.

Or do I pick another school? Go SEC? Look for an underdog to root for? A storied tradition? Help!
    FCS (I-AA) all the way! Right, Chip?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?