Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade Votto and win

Trade Votto and win

This season is not over. I say trade Votto for a front line pitcher. Play yonder at first bat him third and let's roll with some new blood that wants to play.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Votto and win

lol?

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    This season is not over. I say trade Votto for a front line pitcher. Play yonder at first bat him third and let's roll with some new blood that wants to play.
    I have no issue with dealing votto, but I don't see any TOR type of guy you could get for him. I would rather deal him for say a very good 3rd basemen/LF combo package. Say offer Votto and Homer for something.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I agree. I'm sick of having an MVP-caliber player on the Reds. Let's move him and see if we can't come up with another Eddy Volquez.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

This board is maddening sometimes, I feel so frustrated with the Reds I dont even feel like debating this, but i'll just say obviously trading the guy who knocked in 50% of the runs last night, 33% of the runs today, and won the MVP last year is the problem. Child Please.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    This board is maddening sometimes, I feel so frustrated with the Reds I dont even feel like debating this, but i'll just say obviously trading the guy who knocked in 50% of the runs last night, 33% of the runs today, and won the MVP last year is the problem. Child Please.
    No you trade him because he would bring you the most in return to improve your overall team. If you could move him, put Yonder at 1st and add a quality player at 3rd and LF and maybe another pitcher, how would the team be worse off?

Bingo. Trading him brings us more pieces, and may bring us someone who actually wants to be here.

Im sick of his act. One of the single most selfish baseball players I have ever seen in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    No you trade him because he would bring you the most in return to improve your overall team. If you could move him, put Yonder at 1st and add a quality player at 3rd and LF and maybe another pitcher, how would the team be worse off?
    Why do you think he would bring the most in return? There is a reason he would bring a ton in, its because he's a great player. I dont dislike Yonder, but what has he proven that you trade an MVP for him, rather than trading him?? The trade Votto talk is absurd.

Why do you think he would bring the most in return? There is a reason he would bring a ton in, its because he's a great player. I dont dislike Yonder, but what has he proven that you trade an MVP for him, rather than trading him?? The trade Votto talk is absurd.
    Of all the players on the Reds, whom do you think would bring the most in return? You don't think if we packaged say Votto with maybe either Homer or Leake or Wood wouldn't bring a strong return?

Sure I'd deal Votto for Halladay and Lee....

No, but thanks for asking.

Of all the players on the Reds, whom do you think would bring the most in return? You don't think if we packaged say Votto with maybe either Homer or Leake or Wood wouldn't bring a strong return?
    It would bring in a good return because he is far and away the best player on this team, and one of the best players in baseball lol. There is a reason he would bring in a strong return. This team isn't that far away, you dont fix it by trading your best player.

It would bring in a good return because he is far and away the best player on this team, and one of the best players in baseball lol. There is a reason he would bring in a strong return. This team isn't that far away, you dont fix it by trading your best player.
    But you are going to lose him at somepoint, why not get the best return on that loss if possible?

But you are going to lose him at somepoint, why not get the best return on that loss if possible?
    Probably because i'd like to enjoy at least a couple years of my life as a Reds fan instead of trading the first great player i've ever seen them have, lol. We disagree so there is really no reason in going back and forth on it, I feel very strongly about not trading him, and you think they should trade him. I just hope Jocketty agrees with me, lol.

ur going to lose every1 at some point.

Turn Off Ads?