Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latos & Bruce

Re: Latos & Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Good to see that Dallas Latos is back to her [poop] starting ways after a long absence.
    Yeah, things like this she just needs to stay out of.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Likes:

redsfandan (05-24-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Best parts of that clip?

Mat's crazy a** hair and Choo just standing there like "What the heck are they saying?"

lol

5. Likes:

coachpipe (05-23-2013)

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I have more "heated" arguments with myself....
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 05-23-2013 at 07:28 AM.

7. Likes:

coachpipe (05-23-2013),CySeymour (05-23-2013),foxfire123 (05-23-2013),redsmetz (05-23-2013),smixsell (05-23-2013),Tommyjohn25 (05-23-2013)

Latos may have crazy hair, but Jay's hairline is receding fast.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I for one like to see Jay step and act like he cares. His lack of animation about everything bothers me sometimes.

10. Likes:

Ghosts of 1990 (05-24-2013)

Just looks like two people having a discussion....big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    I for one like to see Jay step and act like he cares. His lack of animation about everything bothers me sometimes.
    So, what would that accomplish?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Actually, I figured out what was happening.

This exchange between Mat and Jay was caught and shown on the "New York" camera feed. The "New York" feed was must have been more animated and "heated" than the "Cincinnati" feed.

In the "Cincinnati" feed, it was more laid back. They were laughing and slapping each other on the back.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

14. Likes:

Kc61 (05-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post

This exchange between Mat and Jay was caught and shown on the "New York" camera feed. The "New York" feed was must have been more animated and "heated" than the "Cincinnati" feed.

In the "Cincinnati" feed, it was more laid back. They were laughing and slapping each other on the back.
    Do you call that the George Grande effect?

Much ado about nothing. I'm sure every team has something like this pretty often. You have 25 guys spending the majority of 7 or 8 months together. Not going to get along all the time.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post

New York's a tough town. Everything comes out that way, doesn't it?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

My wife is a pretty good lip reader and says it went something like this:

Bruce "Is that your skanky goober in the stairway, man?"

Latos "Hey, I left one, but I'm pretty sure it hit the trash can. Go check it out!".

Bruce "Check it out? I damn near broke my neck, slidin' on that thing. Not cool, man".

Latos "Like you've never left one?"

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    So, what would that accomplish?
    Not sure it accomplished much but I'd like to see Jay step up and take more of a leadership role....... which may involve being willing to have tough conversations.

n/m
    Last edited by CySeymour; 05-23-2013 at 11:44 AM.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

His immaturity is part of the reason I didn't like the Latos trade when it went down.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    His immaturity is part of the reason I didn't like the Latos trade when it went down.
    I was in favor of the trade. I think Latos has benefited this team tremendously, and he's looking to have a great year.

However, speaking of things that stats don't show, his maturity/temper whatever you want to call it is a huge issue. I'm all for intensity, I'm all for using your emotions to pitch/hit/field better. However, that man loses his cool. And when he loses his cool, his pitching suffers.

22. Likes:

bigredmechanism (05-23-2013),Tony Cloninger (05-23-2013)

Turn Off Ads?