Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'm going to throw up - STL WS champs?!?!

Re: I'm going to throw up - STL WS champs?!?!

All those cliches of veteran experience and the like......really played out in this series.

The Tigers, save for Casey and Rogers, played like an expansion team.

Leyland said it was his fault they were not prepared.....i do not think it would have made a difference either way.

And please......for those who think it could have been the Reds doing this....come on?? Did you see them play when it mattered?
    They could barely stand the pressures of a WC race.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'm just mad that the World Series was really dull. Who cares about WHO won it.

Exactly. No Reds means I don't root, and No Yankees and Cubs means I don't root against.

It was just boring baseball from the Cards and bad baseball from the Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    All those cliches of veteran experience and the like......really played out in this series.

The Tigers, save for Casey and Rogers, played like an expansion team.

Leyland said it was his fault they were not prepared.....i do not think it would have made a difference either way.

And please......for those who think it could have been the Reds doing this....come on?? Did you see them play when it mattered?
    They could barely stand the pressures of a WC race.
    Did you see how the Cards played during the regular season? They tried their darndest to give us and the astros the division so they could sit at home for the playoffs. THe playoffs start and its a new ballgame.

Man Mother Nature must be a Cardinal fan. Ive never seen a team get that much help from the weather to keep that old battered team fresh(er) during the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32 View Post

I think the 2nd worst baseball champion of all time regular season record wise (Mets in 72 had like 82 wins I believe).
    The Cards were the WORST World Champion ever, beating out the 1987 Minnesota Twins. The Cards were the second worst team to appear in a series behind those '73 Mets, who lost to Oakland in seven games in the Series that year.
    Last edited by GoGoWhiteSox; 10-29-2006 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoWhiteSox View Post
    The Cards were the WORST World Champion ever, beating out the 1987 Minnesota Twins. The Cards were the second worst team to appear in a series behind those '73 Mets, who lost to Oakland in seven games in the Series that year.

I just called Jocketty. They realize their mistake, and the trophy will be shipped back to MLB on Monday.

Will people just stop with this crap? They earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    I just called Jocketty. They realize their mistake, and the trophy will be shipped back to MLB on Monday.

For me its just so frustrating knowing we beat them 9 times out of 15 and had oppertunities to take the division for our own. Hopefully we make the moves we need and us not the Cards or Stros are playing in October.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post

I was simply correcting his statement. Yes, I did emphasize that the Cards were the worst World Champion ever, but nowhere in my post did I ever say that they did not earn it. Relax, man.

Turn Off Ads?