Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

Re: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Did he get a major league contract? Is that why he's using up option years?

He had to be added to the 40 man roster this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    He had to be added to the 40 man roster this year.
    Ah I didn't know that used option years

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He only has two option years left.... so yeah, probably two years or less.
    Doug can you explain this for me... I just don't get the whole options process.

Would another team claim him if the Reds dropped him from the 40 man?

Is there anyway to slow down the "he has to be in the majors in 2 years" factor?

I think another team would have drafted him in the Rule 5 if the Reds didn't protect him.
    Now that he is in AA holding his own(small sample I know) a team like Miami or Houston, would have little to lose by taking a chance on him.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Would another team claim him if the Reds dropped him from the 40 man?

Is there anyway to slow down the "he has to be in the majors in 2 years" factor?

I could be wrong, but I think the Reds will know by 2016 if he is ready for the big leagues full time or not.

Every player matures different, but that time table allows 2 full seasons above AA to see what he has. If the light does turn on for him he could be ready by next season some time.

A throwback topic! "Can the Reds rework Wily Mo Pena's contract?"
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Well Yorman after close to a 100 AB's has settled in at as a .250 hitter, but he isn't hitting for power and driving the ball. He still has a 1 to 3 balls to strikeout ratio which isn't too good either. Who ever he may be the youngest player in the league and hopefully he will improve upon his start to AA....

Well Yorman after close to a 100 AB's has settled in at as a .250 hitter, but he isn't hitting for power and driving the ball. He still has a 1 to 3 balls to strikeout ratio which isn't too good either. Who ever he may be the youngest player in the league and hopefully he will improve upon his start to AA....
    20 years old. He's going to improve.

11. Likes:

dougdirt (07-15-2013),OnBaseMachine (07-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    20 years old. He's going to improve.
    well, sure he's likely going to improve, but he's already burning options. The question now is will he be good enough to justify a major league roster slot before the reds give up on him.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    The question now is will he be good enough to justify a major league roster slot before the reds give up on him.
    Considering some of the guys we currently have taking up space on the 40 man, I think Yorman isn't going away anytime soon.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    well, sure he's likely going to improve, but he's already burning options. The question now is will he be good enough to justify a major league roster slot before the reds give up on him.
    A guy that is holding his own in AA at age 20 and has two more full season of eligibility in the minors.... I think at the very worst he will be good enough to justify a roster spot. He can play all outfield spots. He has plus speed. He has power in his bat. At worst he is a solid bench player unless he loses those skills.

He only has two option years left.... so yeah, probably two years or less.
    Meaning he has to stick in the bigs in 2015 or 2016?
    Go BLUE!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Meaning he has to stick in the bigs in 2015 or 2016?
    Assuming he uses an option in each year, he would have to stick to a MLB roster in 2016. This was his first option, so he gets 2014 and 2015 to still be optioned.

Assuming he uses an option in each year, he would have to stick to a MLB roster in 2016. This was his first option, so he gets 2014 and 2015 to still be optioned.
    Ok Doug explain this, Does he have to be on the Opening day roster and then be sent to AAA for more seasoning or does he have to stay up all year?

Turn Off Ads?