Turn Off Ads?

Thread: dunn to the royals?

dunn to the royals?

i was listening to the local sports radio station today and they feel KC would go after dunn before the trade deadline. they do have a couple of young players that would fit good here.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: dunn to the royals?

Why would they (KC) make that trade? So they can finish a respectable fifth place?

i guess for Adam, fifth beats 6th, right?
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

I'll take Alex Gordon and Joakim Soria please. And throw in Brian Bannister for fun.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Why would they (KC) make that trade? So they can finish a respectable fifth place?

i agree just thought it was interesting they would talk about trading for him. they are also mentioned pat burrell as well.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I'll take Alex Gordon and Joakim Soria please. And throw in Brian Bannister for fun.
    Brian Bannister would never fit in with The Dusty.

Brian Bannister openly embraces sabrmetric analysis.

The Dusty frowns upon that sort of thing.

That'd make a good fits. A pretty good amount of young talent. Like most others though, I can't imagine why the Royals would want Dunn and I also can't imagine Dunn accepting a trade there either.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    That'd make a good fits. A pretty good amount of young talent. Like most others though, I can't imagine why the Royals would want Dunn and I also can't imagine Dunn accepting a trade there either.
    I would take a flyer on Luke Hochevar.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I'd take Bret Butler and play him in left. That way we could all look back and remember what a great defender Dunn was.

Okay...I meant Billy Butler. I am too old and think I'm geting senile. Plus Brett Butler would come after me for confusing his D with Billy's. (Thanks Baseclogger)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I'd take Bret Butler and play him in left. That way we could all look back and remember what a great defender Dunn was.
    Brett Butler probably could outplay Dunn in LF even now. Billy butler OTOH might not be much of an upgrade.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Okay...I meant Billy Butler. I am too old and think I'm geting senile. Plus Brett Butler would come after me for confusing his D with Billy's.
    Ahh, ya beat me to it.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post

Well, it kind of makes sense if KC is willing to extend him.
    I have no idea what KC's plans are, but it's an interesting idea for a small market team to trade for a guy like Dunn (whom many of us think would not net much in a trade) and then try to extend him. The hope, of course is that during Dunn's contract, the rest of the pieces to make a decent team could be assembled.

We've already gone through the list of FA hitters this winter, and outside of Burrell, it appears to be slim pickings.. Not such a crazy idea to try to steal Dunn from the Reds during his poor start and extend him. Teams have certainly done riskier moves..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Zack Greinke.

It could be a great move for KC. Emphasis on could. Two possibilities:

1. Extend Dunn, providing an outstanding bat in the middle of the order. Surround him with Gordon and Butler. Three "should-be" All-Star bats (1B, LF, and 3B), along with three or four decent bats from other spots.

2. Allow Dunn to leave and hope the two supplimental picks you receive work out for half a year.

Of course, Cincinnati could do the same thing...

Turn Off Ads?